Yoga instructor

argentinabound4

Registered
Hi,

We're moving to Buenos Aires for 6 months in September. Reading all the blog posts, I'm excited about finding a job but nervous (rightfully so) that I won't be able to find one. I've been practicing yoga for about 4 years now and currently teach children's yoga. I would love to teach yoga in Buenos Aires and would love to get certified and be able to teach there. Think that is possible? Is yoga popular in Argentina? Thanks!

What a great idea! I have been practicing for over a decade and have experience teaching kids but am not certified here in the US. I wonder what the process for becoming a Yoga instructor is? I wish you the best, perhaps if it is not yet popular there we could start a trend!

Hi there,

I ave just moved here and want to find a good yoga class to go to- let me know if you start one up and what type of yoga you do.. maybe i could be a guinea pig for your lessons or something..

natalie

Not sure if it's good news or bad news, yoga and pilates are all over Baires. All over LAM in fact.

Yoga is huge here, like most of the world. There ARE certification programs, however, the styles are limited in comparison to the States. I moved here over 4 years ago. I teach Ashtanga yoga and found it impossible to locate any classes other than relaxation yoga. Now there are several people teaching Ashtanga (myself included) and there is even Bikram.

I'm sure if you Google "yoga certification BA" you'll find a program here. Also, tons of classes for yoga and Pilates.

Suerte.

Back