Your Favorite Restaurants?

jb5

Registered
The food board doesn't get many posts so thought I'd try here.

What are your favorite restaurants, from fine dining to hole in the wall?

Lele de Troya on Thames and Costa Rica
The restaurant at the Evita Museum.
Croque Madame on Libertador at the Decorative Arts Museum
Oro y Candido on Oro and Guatemala
Crizia on Soria and Thames

I just ate at Cafe San Juan today. http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Cafe-San-Juan-1060

It was awesome, simply awesome. I had been showing a friend and his wife (also a friend) around town yesterday and today and he asked me why I was saying the food was so bad. I replied, "Because it is." Then I clarified that I'm referring to the average tasteless, spiceless fair.

Then we went to Cafe San Juan and he was loving the food and asked me about the food sucking. I responded that in general it does, that's why we came here because this food is awesome.

WHAT WE ATE:

They were going to La Cabrera tonight (they're with a group of co-workers...) so I didn't want to fill them up on beef or anything heavy, so we went with Tapas.

-Goat Cheese & Marinated Mushrooms (on bread)
-Tortilla de Papa & Pickled Veggies (on bread)
-Rabbit Pate w/ a Plum sauce (something fruity) also on bread and was Out-F***ING-Standing!!
-Cordero slices on bread with a creamy green sauce (no clue)

We topped it off with a bottle of rosé (Melipal) and some agua con gas. I've only eaten there 2 or 3 times, but everything that I've touched is great. It's like some trendy lunch place that you'd find in LA/SF/NYC, but you don't have to fly there to get food that rocks. (Charlie Sheen would LOVE this place!!)

Looking above-
-"Royal China" is the name of the closest Chinese place to my parents' house in the States.
-I've eaten at "Lele de Troya" twice and seem to remember the lackluster service than what I ate.
-I like that Korean food has made its way to Puerto Madero.
-I've eaten at "Sudesta" and remember thinking "This is no Cocina Sunae."
-I've always wanted to check out "Croque Madame". I thought that it was just a "coffee/postre/anything with DDL on it" place, but I think now I'll go.

And speaking of Cocina Sunae:

I've been to 3 or 4 Puerta Cerradas.

-My favorite is Cocina Sunae http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Cocina-Sunae-6477
-Also really liked Casa Felix http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Casa-Felix-3252

-The other one I definitely remember was memorable for the musicians who came and sang in your room rather than the food. The food basically might as well been purchased at a veggie kiosko, but the music was nice.

-And then maybe I've just stuck my head into Almacen Secreto when I dropped off a group, but I've been meaning to check it out. (They actually are open Saturday for Lunch I believe.)
http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Almacen-Secreto-Club-4758

Indian and Thai food anyone?

How is "Phuket" in Palermo Hollywood.

Arevalito (arevalo 1478), It's vegetarian and the menu changes daily

Captain Cheetah said:
Indian and Thai food anyone?

How is "Phuket" in Palermo Hollywood.

Never tried "Phuket", but for Thai I would say:

Lotus (Located in Chinatown, but is a Thai restaurant.) Had an extremely spicey glass noodle with shrimp & other stuff salad there recently that left my lips a bit burning for a while. We had some rosé with the meal, but it wasn't that great. But then again, it was the AR$50 bottle vs the AR$90 bottle on the menu.
&

Cocina Sunae (Not all, but most of her food is Thai, and considering she occasionally caters events for the Thai ambassador, you can trust it to be good.) Also, they have Melipal rosé on the menu for ~AR$45/50 (somewhere around there) and it's great (I mentioned it above) with Thai food.

I think that I've taken a bus passed Phuket. I think that it's on Córdoba.

Green Bamboo has some excellent flavour combinations. Sudestrada is always worth a long leisurely lunch and Don Julio is always reliable for a decent steak, excellent service and a great wine selection. I used to really love Spettus in Puerto Madeiro but over the years the service has deteriorated and the prices have exploded (As have some of the food options), meaning it's not the as good as it once was.

Phuket is a decent place, very small, but with a nice selection of dishes, our meal choices there ranged from average to outstanding, but it was an enjoyable evening nonetheless. Definitely book in advance as it is out of the way and only has about 10 tables, which fill up quickly.

Back