Zoo moving?

fifs2

Registered
Just spotted the local Palermo mag. suggesting the rumors that Palermo zoo will moving to Villa Soldati grounds end of this year. That's 123 years potentially wiped off the map in favor of 4 constructionists competing for the prime real estate.
Ok so the more cynical among you will say, so what it's just a zoo and Ive seen far better zoos in (replace with country of choice) but as a parent of 2 small kids we have visited this zoo at least twice a year for the last 7 years with hoards of visitors, had birthday parties there and quite simply like all our friends, local and international, find it an enchanting place precisely because of the mix of new customer focused services mixed with old world buildings like the elephant, selva enclosure etc.

If you see Filmus,Macri, Solanas campaigners in your area next week ask them what's the score with the zoo..I surely will!

I am most disappointed to hear this news and do not see anything positive about this for Palermo or its citizens. I to love this zoo and cannot imagine it at any other place than there .

Palermo has become a developers paradise with lax laws that permit beautiful historic properties to be destroyed for ugly high rises.

I believe that a citizens group should be formed to protect our history and its buildings as the character of Buenos Aires will be forever lost.

perry said:
I believe that a citizens group should be formed to protect our history and its buildings as the character of Buenos Aires will be forever lost.

That's the spirit!

In my neighborhood (I live in Chacarita now, but Belgrano and especially Belgrano R will always be my #1 place in this world) the Sociedad de Fomento is very active and vigilant, and already saved some historic buildings from demolition.

http://www.sfbelgranor.org.ar/mision.htm Point 8.

Palermo has her own. In fact, my guess is they are in charge of the magazine and very aware of the situation. They sure take traditional buildings and places very seriously and won't stay idle. If you live in Palermo and care about her, they'll sure welcome you and appreciate your support. We may be loosing the fight, but we mustn't give up fighting.

http://www.palermoviejo.com/sofopavi/preservacion.php

Back