Anybody else notice coffee recently not tasting good?

To bring this up again while looking for a sensible alternative: coffee has returned to markets but it's predominantly all the crappy blends with sugar. One of two super premium offers, like Starbucks, are the equivalent of over US $18 for 250 grams (around 8 ounces). I'd never even pay that is the states. Any different views?

Cafe Martinez sells ground coffee. The Colombian is the best, but it's going for 14K per 250g last time I looked. If you can accept the Brazilian stuff, that's quite a bit less pricey.
Personally, I'm drinking black tea right now. If you can find "té en hebras" or loose tea, rather than the damn little bags, that's always better.

"Tea, hot, Earl Grey"
--Jean Luc Picard

I'm buying Cafe Martinez Italiano (the red one), it was 16k for 500g and it's not too bad.

I used to buy Starbucks and hoarded a lot when Disco has 20% off in November and it octs me 4k per packet :/

I'm now also drinking lots of mate cocido too

I used to find coffee expensive here even before the recent jump in prices, no chance I'm paying those prices.

I used to find coffee expensive here even before the recent jump in prices, no chance I'm paying those prices.
It is weird, is it not, that we are in such a major coffee-producing region of the world, and yet selection is limited and prices are high to very high?
I miss being able to walk into Trader Joe's, choose from 10-12 different varieties of whole bean coffee, and pay only 5 to 8 dollars for 10 or 12 ounces.

Obviously this was some years ago, and I'm sure prices have gone up by now, but still...

It is weird, is it not, that we are in such a major coffee-producing region of the world, and yet selection is limited and prices are high to very high?
I miss being able to walk into Trader Joe's, choose from 10-12 different varieties of whole bean coffee, and pay only 5 to 8 dollars for 10 or 12 ounces.

Obviously this was some years ago, and I'm sure prices have gone up by now, but still...
In Italy not by much, I'm usually buying lavazza between 8 and 10 euros /kg.

And what about extra virgin olive oil? Why is it so expensive? According to this link, Argentina is the biggest olive oil producer in South America, and yet prices are higher than in the US. Go figure...

How is it that the prices of local produce is more expensive than USA or Spain? Eggs, olive oil, bread? Probably greedflation is one factor, but are there any other factors?

How is it that the prices of local produce is more expensive than USA or Spain? Eggs, olive oil, bread? Probably greedflation is one factor, but are there any other factors?
In Spain, there are sky-high prices on olive oil at the moment also. In most supermarkets recently you will see olive oil with anti-theft devices attached to them or being kept in glass shelves... There at least, the unusually high prices are due to drought/ poor havests and resulting short supply versus demand.

In Spain, there are sky-high prices on olive oil at the moment also. In most supermarkets recently you will see olive oil with anti-theft devices attached to them or being kept in glass shelves... There at least, the unusually high prices are due to drought/ poor havests and resulting short supply versus demand.

In Carrefour here, they have anti-theft devices on cans of tuna fish!

Back