Apple Watch Ultra

Maikito

Registered
Hi everyone,

I was very stupid and bought an official Apple Watch at iPoint @ Abasto Shopping for 199,900 pesos, like $2000 dollars, (yes I have the original recleipt). Little did I know that they sold me an LTE model (A2684) and will only work with an LTE plan in Europe or Asia Pacific. I already filed claims with Apple and my card issuer, and they are also not willing refund me. I wouldn’t it care if it was only a GPS model, but they sell it and advertise it as an LTE model.

I went to iPoint twice, and they are not willing to refund me because I activated the device. Of course I activated it, I wanted to use it!

At this point it’s no longer in my devices and it’s free from iCould. The IMEI 358041911853531. I’m willing to sell it for 1.5 million pesos or 1k USD (OBO via Zelle or WU).

If anyone is interested in having a GPS only (not LTE) new Apple Watch please DM me.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I was very stupid and bought an official Apple Watch at iPoint @ Abasto Shopping for 199,900 pesos, like $2000 dollars, (yes I have the original recleipt). Little did I know that they sold me an LTE model (A2684) and will only work with an LTE plan in Europe or Asia Pacific. I already filed claims with Apple and my card issuer, and they are also not willing refund me. I wouldn’t it care if it was only a GPS model, but they sell it and advertise it as an LTE model.

I went to iPoint twice, and they are not willing to refund me because I activated the device. Of course I activated it, I wanted to use it!

At this point it’s no longer in my devices and it’s free from iCould. The IMEI 358041911853531. I’m willing to sell it for 1.5 million pesos or 1k USD (OBO via Zelle or WU).

If anyone is interested in having a GPS only (not LTE) new Apple Watch please DM me.
One thing though: Apple Watch Ultra does not have a GPS only model. All Apple Watch Ultra models come with GPS + LTE, regardless of the country.

For a GPS only one, you can check out the regular Apple Watch models (not Ultra) - should be considerably cheaper.

@Maikito, your Peso figure is missing a '9', it should be 1,999,900, which is indeed about USD 2000, and not 199,900.

But, apart from the shocking price, what's the problem exactly? I'd expect watches with cellular support sold in Argentina to be LTE and UMTS only. The model you mention, A2684, does have support for the LTE and UMTS bands used in Argentina; from https://everymac.com/systems/apple/...ch-ultra-49mm-global-international-a2684.html the bands used here are:

LTE bands 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 28, and 66 as well as UMTS 2100 MHz, 1900 MHz, 1700/2100 MHz, 850 MHz

Claro mention that this model can be activated in Argentina, and I wouldn't expect problems with the other operators either since they all use more or less the same bands.

@Maikito, your Peso figure is missing a '9', it should be 1,999,900, which is indeed about USD 2000, and not 199,900.

But, apart from the shocking price, what's the problem exactly? I'd expect watches with cellular support sold in Argentina to be LTE and UMTS only. The model you mention, A2684, does have support for the LTE and UMTS bands used in Argentina; from https://everymac.com/systems/apple/...ch-ultra-49mm-global-international-a2684.html the bands used here are:

LTE bands 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 28, and 66 as well as UMTS 2100 MHz, 1900 MHz, 1700/2100 MHz, 850 MHz

Claro mention that this model can be activated in Argentina, and I wouldn't expect problems with the other operators either since they all use more or less the same bands.
I went to Claro...they told me they could only activate this for a Corporate Account, and their official website does not list this model: https://www.claro.com.ar/personas/legal-y-regulatorio/terminos-condiciones-smartwatch-apple

I got this from Claro's website: https://asistencia.claro.com.ar/asi...ar-el-servicio-de-conectividad-de-claro-en-un

According to what I've read, Claro is the only operator here to support activating an Apple Watch. The "corporate" thing sounds strange, Claro are not focused on corporate customers (that would be more Personal), do they mean post-paid / contract customers?

Sorry for your odyssey, I think you're being given the run around here.

I got this from Claro's website: https://asistencia.claro.com.ar/asi...ar-el-servicio-de-conectividad-de-claro-en-un

According to what I've read, Claro is the only operator here to support activating an Apple Watch. The "corporate" thing sounds strange, Claro are not focused on corporate customers (that would be more Personal), do they mean post-paid / contract customers?

Sorry for your odyssey, I think you're being given the run around here.
Thanks for your response. It's honestly my fault, but I don't get why iPoint would sell and LTE Apple Watch with a model number that Apple's official website states it work on LTE on Europe and Asia Pacific. I would not be mad if they sold me just a GPS version. I was able to get an appointment with consumer protection and an open case number. Maybe I'll try another Claro store (other than the one at Abasto Shopping if that doesn't work out). I also still have a pending review with my card issuer. Anyway, thank you again for your input. I really appreciate it.

One thing though: Apple Watch Ultra does not have a GPS only model. All Apple Watch Ultra models come with GPS + LTE, regardless of the country.

For a GPS only one, you can check out the regular Apple Watch models (not Ultra) - should be considerably cheaper.
Good to know.

Thanks for your response. It's honestly my fault, but I don't get why iPoint would sell and LTE Apple Watch with a model number that Apple's official website states it work on LTE on Europe and Asia Pacific. I would not be mad if they sold me just a GPS version. I was able to get an appointment with consumer protection and an open case number. Maybe I'll try another Claro store (other than the one at Abasto Shopping if that doesn't work out). I also still have a pending review with my card issuer. Anyway, thank you again for your input. I really appreciate it.
I wouldn't worry too much about the "Europe and Asia Pacific" thing, the EveryMac page I mentioned above states that your model: "was sold globally (just about everywhere in the world except for the United States)". Latin America is barely an afterthought in most hi-tech companies' sales and marketing strategies, and the USA would hardly notice if it all slid into the ocean tomorrow.

We already confirmed your model will work here, it's all about activating it on Claro now.

Back