Bilingual schools

BAwithkids

Registered
Hi,
We'll be looking to enroll our daughters (4 and 6) in a bilingual school in BsAs. in August. Any recommendations? What should we anticipate in school fees? How do we find out about enrolling? Any help is most welcome!

Hi

We have two boys (4 and 5) who have been here for two and a bit years now. Both attend Colegio Aletheia (http://www.colegioaletheia.esc.edu.ar/menu4_1.html). I'm not sure to what extent it is bilingual, but our kids are very happy there. The approach to teaching also seems to be similar to Montessori.They are also very welcoming of English speakers.

Julia is the director and I think she speaks English.

Its located in Palermo and the fees are approximately 1000AR per month.
Good luck with it all.

Cheers
Mark

My niece attended aletheia and it is a great school, whith a good pedagogical approach and atmosphere. The children learn how to think, they read and analyze the news, they also had a radio program. My niece had classmates from the USA and they became good friends. The school is located at the Alto Palermo Shopping Mall area.

Thanks to you both - this is great information! Is the 1000AR/month for full day or part day? Palermo is a definite possibility for us, so this is very helpful. Am I correct that the primary language of the school is Spanish? We want to have our children in a Spanish-speaking school, but also have teachers (and ideally a few kids) who are English speaking so they're not too freaked out!

Any other suggestions? I'll be working in Belgrano, and I understand it's a quieter neighborhood, so that's also a possibility as a place to live. Any school suggestions there? Others in Palermo?

BAwithkids said:
Thanks to you both - this is great information! Is the 1000AR/month for full day or part day? Palermo is a definite possibility for us, so this is very helpful. Am I correct that the primary language of the school is Spanish? We want to have our children in a Spanish-speaking school, but also have teachers (and ideally a few kids) who are English speaking so they're not too freaked out!

Any other suggestions? I'll be working in Belgrano, and I understand it's a quieter neighborhood, so that's also a possibility as a place to live. Any school suggestions there? Others in Palermo?

I´m not sure there´s too many options in Palermo - most seem to be in Belgrano, the next Barrio up or in the burbs of San Isidro, Quilmes etc. We did the rounds of them all from Northlands to Sworn Collge and really fell in love with "boutique" schools where class sizes are smaller and the kids known at a one to one level by all directors, teachers etc. Our eldest son attends Newland College in Caballito whose teachers have a scarily excellent level of English and a pure love of teaching - we couldn´t be happier. Fees 1800 per month plus extras for the 8.30 - 4.30 day - it sounds like a long day but they pack a lot in although with extra curric. activities, homework and play dates there isnt much time for much else than dinner and sleep. They have a kindergarten but we didnt find it had any real English value to add so we kept our kids in a pure Spanish speaking kindergarten to immerse them fully before English commences at 5. Good luck in the search..I doubt you will be disappointed if you have the funds to pay.

Just looked at the Lincoln fees......15,000 dollars a year!!!

Aletheia is primarily Spanish speaking but there are a few kids from other backgrounds. I need to check the fee situation again but I think we are paying 1000Ar for my son who attends two full days and three half days.

I felt the same way abut my kids having trouble adjusting, being accepted etc, but the teachers, parents and students have been very welcoming and supportive. Not knowing the language may be tough going for a while, but that is to be expected.

I forgot to mention that I have nephews and nieces who attend the Island International School in Belgrano or Palermo. I met with the director and was quite impressed and would say that it is also a bit more international than Aletheia.

Back