Border run visa technicalities

Coleburger

Registered
Good afternoon everyone,

Was hoping someone with a similar experience recently could shed some light. I'm heading to Brazil by car tomorrow for a two week vacation. By coincidence, not design- not that it matters, my 90 day visa will expire two days (the 13th) before I return on the 15th. Is there anything I should be concerned about? Kind of seems like a textbook case of being issued a new 90 day visa, but was just curious if there are any other potential unfavorable outcomes I should think about when trying to re-enter.

Thanks in advance,
Cole

you will be fine. it's not a "visa" but an entry stamp with permission to stay for 90 days. the count stops as soon as you leave. as long as you have done no prior visa runs immediately before this one you will be fine since you still have a few days (16 or so days) to complete the 90 days but as you said chances are they will stamp you with another 90 days. in any case, since you are crossing via a land check point things are less risky as you cannot be "deported" but just denied entry. you will be just fine...don't sweat it.

Back