Can I bring a 30" brand new monitor without the aduana?

Your iron should work here. The problem is either the wall socket or the adapter or both. Well, it's definitely the adapter now anyway. It ought to have been made of thermosetting plastic - probably phenolic - and should discolour and smell if it gets over hot. If it's melting then you have no certainty of where the metal bits inside have wandered and you ought to discard it before you start a fire. A lot of wall sockets are provisioned for several standards of plug in the same outlet - common is three-pin splayed combined with two pin round - and because of this it may not be making proper contact with the plug you insert. Poor contact = high resistance = heat. High resistance is what makes your iron work so you've got a kind-of mini iron in your socket.

Using a good quality adaptor - please, not Ali-Express or similar - try plugging into a different socket: one that's used to high loads like your washing machine or tumble dryer. That should tell you if it is the original wall socket that needs replacing
Thank you elhombreinnombre. I think that's issue. The pins are all 3-pin which no option for 2 round pin. I was first using the cheap $2 China shop adapter then I used a travel adapter. China shop adapter melted and the travel adapter is two heavy to sit properly in the wall to take the 2 round pin if you understand me. I would be grateful if you could recommend to me an option of a good adapter thermosetting plastic or link with picture example for the best solution to solve so a 2 pin can happily connect to the slanted version with no looseness. I tried not much luck on google.Thank you

Last edited:
Thank you elhombreinnombre. I think that's issue. The pins are all 3-pin which no option for 2 round pin. I was first using the cheap $2 China shop adapter then I used a travel adapter. China shop adapter melted and the travel adapter is two heavy to sit properly in the wall to take the 2 round pin if you understand me. I would be grateful if you could recommend to me an option of a good adapter thermosetting plastic or link with picture example for the best solution to solve so a 2 pin can happily connect to the slanted version with no looseness. I tried not much luck on google.Thank you
Maybe somebody else can recommend a good, safe, locally sourced adapter: I don't really have the expertise to judge one before buying it here so when I bring appliances from the UK I crop off the type G UK/Ireland plug and fit the local type I plug instead. Sometimes available amongst the hardware section in a big Carrefour or Coto or ask at an electrical shop for an "enchuffe macho" If you're not leaving the iron here, buy an appropriate other-way-round adapter from a reliable source at home when you go back.

In Argentina there are two styles of wall outlet and matching plug that look similar, but are not interchangeable.
There is a standard residential style that is good for 10 amps (2400 watts or so) and then there is the larger sized 20 amp toma which is good for up to 4800 watts. They both have 3 prongs, but the bigger one has bigger prongs, and a 20a plug will NOT fit into a 10 amp toma.
So if your hairdryer or iron is drawing more than 2400 or, to be safe, 2200 watts, you need a bigger plug and a bigger receptacle.
Both are availalbe at ferreterias that are more industrial or electrical, but both require basic electrical knowledge and experience to install.
Plugging a smaller 10a plug into a 10a wall socket, then trying to draw 15 amps, is what makes the plastic melt.
Neither north american nor the UK use this exact system of receptacles and plugs. IN the UK they have 10 amp, 13 amp, 15 amp, and other sizes of sockets, depending on use. In the us you can get 15 amp and 20 amp receptacles that look the same, and take the same plug size. But here, they look alike but are not the same.

You could do all of the above the above which is in no way incorrect or you could just get an electrician to replace the plugs of all your electronics you have here in one go. Its the easiest in the long run and you will never have issues with plugs/adapters again. They will also be able to tell you if its even worth doing and which adapters are best if its not worth the effort. Adapters and convertors should only be seen as temporary anyway as they tend to be dangerous.

Someone like AG ELECTRICISTA MATRICULADO or ELECTRIC SOUL could help. Send a WhatsApp and get more info and arrange a price you are happy with beforehand.

Back