Can you fly into Buenos Aires from the UK without a return flight?

One positive in all this: at least we all seem to be agreed that this eternal issue is real. Nobody has yet chimed in say, in effect, it's never happened to me therefore it never happens.

That's progress. A debate has been had and resolved on this website.

Buy a fully refundable return or onward ticket to Santiago or any nearby city from www.trip.com or any similar website. You can cancel after landing and you will get full refund in few hours without any deductions.

This is what i did.

One positive in all this: at least we all seem to be agreed that this eternal issue is real. Nobody has yet chimed in say, in effect, it's never happened to me therefore it never happens.

That's progress. A debate has been had and resolved on this website.
But Mr Potts doesn’t agree… 😃

Mr. Potts....how did you ever get out of the hospital when you were born? Carride is out in space....you guys might get on just fine. When you buy a refundable ticket with United.....you cancel when you want....day later....week later...month later.....no reason is asked for. Now...how else can you complicate this? This is better than watching YOUTUBE

Mr. Potts....how did you ever get out of the hospital when you were born? Carride is out in space....you guys might get on just fine. When you buy a refundable ticket with United.....you cancel when you want....day later....week later...month later.....no reason is asked for. Now...how else can you complicate this? This is better than watching YOUTUBE
Technically ccool is correct. If you buy an expensive United Economy Fully Refundable fare. There are many reasons why this is silly only to overcome the reason asked in the OP. First, not all flights offer fully refundable fares, so that adds a complication looking for a flight. Second, they are much more expensive. Third, the refund process takes time and is a hassle. @CCool might have a travel agent or someone to deal with these issues.
INSTEAD you take advantage of United Airlines simple and fast no-questions asked 24 hour cancelation policy. I sent the link from United site that explains the simple details.

I was you once OP, I turned up at the airport my first trip to Buenos Aires with a 1 way ticket blissfully unaware it would be a problem. They should really put some kind of warning when you first buy the ticket

First, not all flights offer fully refundable fares, so that adds a complication looking for a flight. ....says Carride. Solution! Pick a flight that does! Takes 3 days or less for the refund. Actually, it is so easy even I can do it by myself. Yes you DO need to have sufficient credit to buy the second ticket. Conclusion after being an expat for 23 years.....we are a special breed.

If you’re flying from the US all domestic and foreign carriers are required to give a full refund if cancelled within 24 hours. Just be sure the return ticket flight is booked more than 7 days away otherwise no refund.

This is US DOT regulation.

If you’re flying from the US all domestic and foreign carriers are required to give a full refund if cancelled within 24 hours. Just be sure the return ticket flight is booked more than 7 days away otherwise no refund.

This is US DOT regulation.
He’s not flying from the US

Back