Daily maid rate per hour

so what would you propose for a maid to work only twice a month 5-6 hours each time?
I think I would just ask for a total quote in that case. For instance deep cleaning of a 2 br apartment that includes ( you name it ). The hourly rate in general is only good for them when they have at least 20 hrs per week. It depends where the person comes from they will have a significant travel expense and time to get to the place. If you still want to try hourly I think 3500 is fair for very sporadic work + travel expense. Think that at that rate if the employee worked 40 hs per week she would still be under the poverty line. I always take into account to come up with a decent rate the monthly salary needed to have basic needs covered, but that is just me. There is a lot of exploitation from agencies.

If you still want to try hourly I think 3500 is fair for very sporadic work + travel expense.

I have someone who has been working with me for 3 years. I have always maintained a rate of 4 USD per hour ( in blue pesos) including during COVID but never paid travel expenses. This was twice a month, 6-8 hours each time. She had been thrilled with it.

I did not use her services from the end of November until yesterday, as I was abroad. And paid 4000 pesos per hour + travel expenses ( the money for transportation not the hours). She later said it was very low. In my mind, I was paying her still 4 USD per hour, the same rate as before irrespective of USD/peso conversion.

Nikad, in my situation what would be an appropriate rate per hour to retain her services but not overpay either? Honest, hard work worker, who travels from far. ( I believe I was overpaying during COVID, henceforth now she feels it's lesser proportionately).

Paying $3,333 - well worth it.

I have someone who has been working with me for 3 years. I have always maintained a rate of 4 USD per hour ( in blue pesos) including during COVID but never paid travel expenses. This was twice a month, 6-8 hours each time. She had been thrilled with it.

I did not use her services from the end of November until yesterday, as I was abroad. And paid 4000 pesos per hour + travel expenses ( the money for transportation not the hours). She later said it was very low. In my mind, I was paying her still 4 USD per hour, the same rate as before irrespective of USD/peso conversion.

Nikad, in my situation what would be an appropriate rate per hour to retain her services but not overpay either? Honest, hard work worker, who travels from far. ( I believe I was overpaying during COVID, henceforth now she feels it's lesser proportionately).The

Nikad, in my situation what would be an appropriate rate per hour to retain her services but not overpay either? Honest, hard work worker, who travels from far. ( I believe I was overpaying during COVID, henceforth now she feels it's lesser proportionately).
It is not a bad rate at all, you could offer 4000 for 6 hrs and tell her if she is done in less time you will still pay her 6 hrs plus trip. See if that works.

I am currently paying $3.200 per hour (+ commuting expenses) because I found someone exceptional, so basically I pay for the quality of work which was extremely hard for me to find. I would not start paying that amount from the beginning, only after I saw first hand the kind of work she did. Also I am in the southern part of CABA, where people pay less and she lives within a 20 block radio, which is also very unusual and I like it. I read a Facebook groups from "Empleadas domesticas", only to get a better idea of how much they are getting paid in different areas.

Like Ceviche, I have a hard worker, honest, once a week, with us 10 years. She looks out for us, considers herself the house manager when we aren't here. At the beginning of this year, I asked her what rate she wanted, and she said 3500 per hour. I pay by the day (without travel), so I have been paying her 21,000. Now I am thinking I need to raise it.

According to INFOBAE, the minimum hourly rate of domestic workers' went up to $1,954.77 in April. (It was $1,699.80 last month).

Shamefully low - don't know anyone paying that in my area.

Last edited:
Back