Good, strong, English-style tea, anyone?

elhombresinnombre

Registered
Due to unforseen circumstances, I'm going to be staying longer than originally planned which means that I'm going to run out of my stocks of Yorkshire Tea! You probably need to be British to understand what a crisis this represents but, does anybody have a recommendation for a locally-purchased good, strong, English-style tea, please?

No, you can find Twinings occasionally at extortionate prices.

I think Virgen Islands is one of the “strongest” that you’ll get from a supermarket

There’s also some different tea blends from New Garden that might fit the bill also very expensive.

Also Tealosophy in Palermo but again rather dear.

I feel your pain. I've almost run out of my favourite (Twinings Everyday) which I bought on a recent trip to London. Will have to go back to double-bagging Green Hills :(

You can try El Gato Negro on Corrientes ave.
Or Tealosophy https://www.tealosophy.com
Or.....

Taragui produces te en hebras (loose tea - no true tea lover will use tea bags) but it's increasingly hard to find. Try the Asian supermarkets. I've found it easier to find in more barrio areas than the affluent areas. It used to be sold in those shops (they sold tins of Taragui) that sell delicacies and imported goods. La Biela, last time I was there. served only te en hebras. They're getting it somewhere.

Last edited:
Back