Government says it will change name of Centro Cultural Kirchner

i mean, i think petty things like this are stupid. changing the animals/people on currency, changing names of buildings, etc. it's been named this for almost 10 years now so just give nestor his bone and move on.

if you want to go after the K's do it some other way

i mean, i think petty things like this are stupid. changing the animals/people on currency, changing names of buildings, etc. it's been named this for almost 10 years now so just give nestor his bone and move on.

if you want to go after the K's do it some other way
This is why I like the flora and fauna for the money, it's an animal or plant, no debate over who is getting recognized and who isn't. I don't love the fact that the 2K bill has a guy who hired his "former" Nazi friend that experimented/tortured people like me at concentration camps, and I don't think Eva Peron is anything special/warrants being on the money.

As for the building, I've never once called it the Kirchner Center, I've always called it the Correo Central. It's not even a political thing either for me, it's just like how the Sears Tower is always going to be called that despite who owns it.

The name Centro Cultural Kirchner is a classic oxymoron. You can’t have culture and Kirchner in the same sentence.
Obviously wishful thinking on Kristina's part. Whatever the new name will be people are still going to call it CCK
for years to come. BTW, …I've never been there but out of curiosity I looked up the events schedule.
The film programing looks pretty awesome.

The name Centro Cultural Kirchner is a classic oxymoron. You can’t have culture and Kirchner in the same sentence.
Obviously wishful thinking on Kristina's part. Whatever the new name will be people are still going to call it CCK
for years to come. BTW, …I've never been there but out of curiosity I looked up the events schedule.
Amazing film programming for the Francophone film classic lovers. I'ts a little out of the way. ...! Sorry only 2 days left..!

Last edited:
The acoustics in the main hall, the Ballena Azul, are world class. I have seen several musical events there that sounded great. There has been a lot of culture in the building, over the years- theater, music, art, performance. Doesnt matter what the name is, its the programming that counts.

Back