How to inspect a product in Mercado Libre before buying it.

MercyRego

Registered
I am trying to sell furniture and a prospective buyer is asking to inspect the item before buying it. Since, there is no possibiity to send personal info (tel, address) via Mercado Libre, at all (it is automatically deleted), the question is: has anybody gone through a similar situation? Any idea how to solve it?. Help section doesn't answer the question and I couldn't find anything online related to that, either.

Thank you.

Send them a photo of your whatsapp number in the chat feature.
You can only "chat" with a buer after they buy (and pay for) something.

Some seller post photos of their phone number in the publication.

It's against the rules, but it is not detected automatically.

I would say leave your phone number to be contacted for further information. I've called somebody before coordinating and renting a maching through ML. Also through private messages.

Since, there is no possibiity to send personal info (tel, address) ... Any idea how to solve it?.
Put some cheap item for sale - a coffee mug, for example. When he comes to pick up the coffee mug, show him the furniture.

I've bought furniture sight unseen in ML to be picked up at the seller's, sale to be finalized after inspection. A few times the piece (or its condition) was not as expected, so I notified ML and my payment was credited back.

As noted in another post, some sellers include their phone number in a photo, and it is not detected. Personally, I'd hesitate to buy from them - if they cheat ML of its fee, they may be more likely to cheat on their sales as well.

Last edited:
Back