I Was Denied Entry At Ezeiza

I don't think you'll have any issues, caradoc. Just give yourself some time before your departure to pay the fine (sometimes there's a line) and you should be okay. Coming back shouldn't be a problem either, especially since you're going to be away for 3 months.

I wouldn't get in the habit of overstaying too many times, though.

Well.. I am reporting live from EZE in the departures lounge. As all of you veterans said, it was a piece of cake processing an overstay offence.. I went to the immigration desk in departures and started to explain but the guy wasn't bothered.. just took my passport made the paperwork and told me where to go to pay at the bank (300). Friendly attitude.. Returned... another guy processed it.. again no attitude.. matter-of-fact. I asked him if there would be a problem my coming back.. he flicked through my passport.. asked me if it was my first overstay offence (it is) and then told me that I would have no problem. Went to check in at TAM.. the lady flicked through my passport and looked at me confused. I waved the paperwork at her and that was that. I was a bit tense going through passport control but absolutely no issues.. the computer beeped when he scanned my passport.. he looked tired and disinterested .. he gave me a small lecture saying I need to keep the paperwork because there might be problems re-entering etc.. I said to him omg.. I will have problems coming back etc.. no no no he said.. stay calm... you'll be fine. And that was it! Everyone pleasant..

Well.. I am reporting live from EZE in the departures lounge. As all of you veterans said, it was a piece of cake processing an overstay offence.. I went to the immigration desk in departures and started to explain but the guy wasn't bothered.. just took my passport made the paperwork and told me where to go to pay at the bank (300). Friendly attitude.. Returned... another guy processed it.. again no attitude.. matter-of-fact. I asked him if there would be a problem my coming back.. he flicked through my passport.. asked me if it was my first overstay offence (it is) and then told me that I would have no problem. Went to check in at TAM.. the lady flicked through my passport and looked at me confused. I waved the paperwork at her and that was that. I was a bit tense going through passport control but absolutely no issues.. the computer beeped when he scanned my passport.. he looked tired and disinterested .. he gave me a small lecture saying I need to keep the paperwork because there might be problems re-entering etc.. I said to him omg.. I will have problems coming back etc.. no no no he said.. stay calm... you'll be fine. And that was it! Everyone pleasant..

I don't think it's that he was pleasant to you so much as he was disgruntled with his job and could care less. I talked to someone at Rentas today when I called 14,7 and he was extra helpful while telling me how bad the system works and what a bad job the government is doing running things.

I don't think it's that he was pleasant to you so much as he was disgruntled with his job and could care less. I talked to someone at Rentas today when I called 14,7 and he was extra helpful while telling me how bad the system works and what a bad job the government is doing running things.

Sure.. I think that was what I was conveying in my "live report"... a whole bunch of disinterested, laid-back, date stamping slavocrats who couldn't give a toss about my little overstayed world. Very different, I am sure, if I had overstayed in the US or Britain... where they would have detained and interviewed me. i had a friend who overstayed in Brazil and even he was given some hassle on departure.. they took him to an interview room and interrogated him. However alarmist we become that the authorities are stamping down on a few cases, it is clear that Argentina still remains one of the most "easiest" places to overstay.

Maybe we all need to be thinking about "losing" our passports and getting new ones so we don't have so many entry and exit stamps...I just had to get new visa pages added because of all of the Argentina stamps. The customs officer in BA is always very interested in the one stamp that I actually got at Immigraciones to extend my tourist stay legally with their office. I won't ever do that again! It took hours, and even the woman there who helped me asked me why I didn't just go to Colonia and then gave me the phone number for Buquebus ;)
Hi mmoon! Is the Immigration Office you referring to is located on Hipolito Yrigoyen 952? What time did you actually arrive to the building? I'm planning on going next week to pay for the extension and months later, hire an attorney. I'm dotting my "i"s and crossing my "t"s now so I can continue to return to Argentina.

Happy Friday! It sounds like every move is a hassle and must have good luck. There must be a way to improve those odds.
I'm planning on going next week to Immigration and pay the tourist extension (1st time exceeding 90 days, 2nd current visit). Months later, hire an Attorney. I'm dotting my "i"s and crossing my "t"s now, so I can continue to return to Argentina.
Thoughts on this plan? Does anyone know good Immigration Attorneys? 🧐:cool:

Happy Friday! It sounds like every move is a hassle and must have good luck. There must be a way to improve those odds.

Either get resdiency through the RADEX system of migraciones or hope Bajo_cero2 is corect that the pregnant Russian women case has set a precedent that it is now possible to actually claim residency by saying that you live here.

For the time being, I imagine that coming and going as you please as a "self declared resident" would be "challenged"at a port of enrty, but, faced with with arrest and deportation for "abuse of the tourist visa" by migraciones I would certainly give it a try.

I'm planning on going next week to Immigration and pay the tourist extension (1st time exceeding 90 days, 2nd current visit). Months later, hire an Attorney. I'm dotting my "i"s and crossing my "t"s now, so I can continue to return to Argentina.
Thoughts on this plan?
YouMmoon is still around, but you may not realize that the last post in this thread was ten before yours was over eight years ago.

Here is a recent thread about getting the 90 day extension:

Does anyone know good Immigration Attorneys? 🧐:cool:
What category of residency are you considering?

Back