Importing And Declaring Over 10K Usd At Eze

Desde2008

Registered
Helo

I can not seem to get a definitive answer to this question after searching through the forums. Suppose a traveler is coming into EZE from the USA and is declaring 18,000 USD. That traveler has completed the declaration form and is passing through customs.

Does the traveler do anything besides hand the form to the customs agent? Will they request any additional documentation? I have heard mentioned here (and in this country on a regular basis) that you must prove that you paid taxes on the money. What is officially considered proof? :)

Thanks

JB

I think you will find probably no one here has every declared they are bringing in money - much less over 10K - when entering the country for security reasons.

That being said - is the person entering a tourist? Or a resident?

I really, really, really want to suggest you/your friend or whomever to not do this. Bring at most 10K but anything more is just asking to be victimized by any number of people you'd come in contact with.

At least one other person has brought more than $10,000 into the country and declared it. He said it was a simple process. Details at http://baexpats.org/topic/22199-importing-dollars/

Back