Just arrived at EZE - but I have no Stamp in my passport

NeoWonk

Registered
In the taxi into the city, I looked in my passport and there is no stamp. The migraciones lady took my photo and fingerprint.

Is it all electronic now or am I in for a bureaucratic nightmare?

If you want a stamp as a souvenir you have to go to very remote border crossings, like the one crossing on foot from Villa O'Higgins to El Chaltén, where they don't have the telecomm service to do digital immigration services.

If you want a stamp as a souvenir you have to go to very remote border crossings, like the one crossing on foot from Villa O'Higgins to El Chaltén, where they don't have the telecomm service to do digital immigration services.
Even the remote outposts days may be numbered given Starlink just got approved. You can be in the middle of literally nowhere, as long as you have a clear view of the sky you'll get high speed internet access.

1711692477177.png

Where is this one? Is it like a footbridge or something? I think my friends got stamps last year when we crossed at Don Guillermo going to Torres del Paine

Where is this one? Is it like a footbridge or something? I think my friends got stamps last year when we crossed at Don Guillermo going to Torres del Paine
If you look up Candelario Mancilla (the Chilean border post) on Google Maps, you can get a sense of the area.

Coming from Chile, you start at the end of the Carretera Austral just south of Villa O'Higgins, take a small boat (not a car ferry) a couple hours across a lake, then stamp out of Chile and hike or bike 21 km to the Argentine side of the border where you stamp back in. At that point you can either take another ferry across another lake or hike a couple of hours to go around it and end up at the area near Glaciar Huemul, where you can hike/bike/hitchhike/etc. into El Chaltén. Challenging to be sure, but a once-in-a-lifetime crossing!

The country line looks like this: https://www.google.com/maps/@-49.33...a345.65784-ro-0-fo100!7i8704!8i4352?entry=ttu

And the Argentine border post looks like this: https://www.google.com/maps/@-48.99...pi-10-ya281-ro0-fo100!7i7680!8i3840?entry=ttu

In most European countries you can ASK for a stamp even if you have a EU passport, is this not a thing in Arg?

Back