Looking for corn syrup (Karo)

I'm confused with your question...I'm not being cheeky but did you read the Wikipedia article or did you not understand it? I'm not a biochemist so not sure I can add more than this article.

After two Google seatches, and, in agreement with and support of wineguy999's post, I simply provided a "full" definition of the words "corn syrup" followed by an explaination of the difference between "corn" and "Karo" syrup.

Last edited:
There is a botle of goog maple syrup near me (costs 14,000 $)in a fish market located in Av J B Alberdi and Larrazabal.
Also I have seen it in the B A city market located in Juramento near Cabildo

There is a botle of goog maple syrup near me (costs 14,000 $)in a fish market located in Av J B Alberdi and Larrazabal.
Also I have seen it in the B A city market located in Juramento near Cabildo
Ummm, that's great but it is not a substitute for corn syrup in cooking.

Ummm, that's great but it is not a substitute for corn syrup in cooking.
The original post said the real recipe asked for Maple Syrup. They asked for Karo as a substitute because they cannot find maple.

The original post said the real recipe asked for Maple Syrup. They asked for Karo as a substitute because they cannot find maple.
Ahhh, yes, sorry...it's available on mercado libre and in china town as well.
It's interesting that something so flavorful as maple syrup made mostly of sucrose could be substituted for Karo which is glucose and not anything like that flavor but you could add maple extract which I bought in mercado libre to corn syrup and make a good substitute to maple syrup.

Good to learn about maple extract - didn't know there was such thing. Will check ML. Thanks, Rob0001

Good to learn about maple extract - didn't know there was such thing. Will check ML. Thanks, Rob0001
Yeah, it's pretty much what those imitation maple syrups in the USA are... mixture of corn syrup and maple extract....lot less expensive than real maple syrup here! Although, I do by the real thing as well.

Found only Canadian maple syrup here. A little watery, in my experience. In the States I used Vermont syrup - a true gift from the gods....!

Found only Canadian maple syrup here. A little watery, in my experience. In the States I used Vermont syrup - a true gift from the gods....!
Exactly! Watery! It doesn't have that nutty taste that maple syrup usually has. I searched this "Canadian" brand that they sell on Mercado Libre on the web and it only seems to exist here in Argentina. Go figure ...

Back