Moneygram transfer

Hello, does anyone have new Moneygram promo codes? MONEYGRAM100 is not working anymore. Thanks.

Hello, anyone knows how much is the fee for sending 50/60 bucks? and the current exchange. Thanks.

Hello, anyone knows how much is the fee for sending 50/60 bucks? and the current exchange. Thanks.
It's a flat fee of two dollars to transfer any amount to a bank account here, variable fee if you pick up cash here, both ways using debit card to transfer. (Transferring 60 would be a five dollar fee for cash pickup)

Current rate as of the time of this post:
  • To a bank account: 999.27
  • Cash pickup: 1022.10
You can check all this yourself on their web page: (Presuming you're sending from the US) https://www.moneygram.com/mgo/us/en/

When I went to get the info from the Moneygram page to answer the question, I noticed (although it's probably been there) that there's an option to sent to a mobile wallet. So I'm trying it. I'm trying to send US$100 to my Mercado Pago account. I'll post back on the results, but the transfer is supposedly on its way.

A couple nice things:
  • Higher rate -- the rate is 1032.84, higher than those above
  • No fee -- so the effective rate is even higher, about 5% higher for a 100 dollar transfer compared to sending to a bank here.
The money is supposed to arrive today. We'll see.

And just as I'm finishing typing this, the money has arrived in my Mercado Pago account. It took 13 minutes. (Transfers to my bank here usually take 70 - 80 minutes, Western Union transfers usually arrive 6pm next business day.)

When I went to get the info from the Moneygram page to answer the question, I noticed (although it's probably been there) that there's an option to sent to a mobile wallet. So I'm trying it. I'm trying to send US$100 to my Mercado Pago account. I'll post back on the results, but the transfer is supposedly on its way.

A couple nice things:
  • No fee -- so the effective rate is even higher, about 5% higher for a 100 dollar transfer compared to sending to a bank here.

And just as I'm finishing typing this, the money has arrived in my Mercado Pago account. It took 13 minutes. (Transfers to my bank here usually take 70 - 80 minutes, Western Union transfers usually arrive 6pm next business day.)
@SinPulgas did it work?

A couple nice things:

Thanks. This is the similar experience I had yesterday after close of markets. No fee, and very fast. Sending from USA debit card to an Argentina CVU virtual account is the best rate. Sending to a CBU bank account is a lower rate. I sent to my prepaid Ualá card.

Approximately 1056 at the same time WU was giving similar rate though will cost that large fee. Though WU went up to 1080.90 shortly after my transaction. So overall much better than Blue and WU, and no need to leave my place.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Expat Life 16
Artur Expat Life 0
A Expat Life 0
P Expat Life 4
Y Expat Life 14
Back