Restaurants: what are the best values nowadays?

sergio

Registered
Without getting into politics, I think it would be helpful to readers if people could make recommendations for restaurants they consider good value for money, given present circumstances. If possible, state the name of the restaurant, address, whether lunch or dinner and break down costs. If there are any current menus, maybe someone could post them.

I highly recommend Paja Rota.
They have two locations one in Ramos Mejia and the other in Haedo.
I have been to the one in Haedo a few times and the portions are huge and delicious.
José Manuel Estrada 134, Haedo
The BBQ pork ribs were meaty and juicy. One visit I got the Chorizo steak and they cooked
it perfectly, medium rare. They also let you substitute fries for a Huge portion of Mashed.
Most of their dishes are meant for multiple people but the prices are very reasonable and
you can google them and see their pricing.

A consideration ... If a resto is 6 K away in RT Taxi Fare, it makes it less attractive .. Perhaps a better choice is a more expensive place in the neighborhood.

A consideration ... If a resto is 6 K away in RT Taxi Fare, it makes it less attractive .. Perhaps a better choice is a more expensive place in the neighborhood.
That certainly could be a valid point but not all of us live in the center or a particular neighborhood. So a restaurant in one particular neighborhood is something that would not be considered an option for some of us.

For those that would like to try some inexpensive but very good restaurants that I have been in and are visited by many locals I recommend
1. El Mercadito on Cerrito 34. They have actually two restaurants split into two entrances. Excellent food and prices.
2. Lo De Juan on Corrientes 1941. This place is more towards the hole in the wall joint, though I believe they replaced the chairs. The grill master
is a bit hard around the edges but a really nice guy, it is just his way and the way that some perceive him. His
grilling skills are superb.
Great meals and pricing at both of these joints. We are talking about best values, not ambiance. ;o)

Back