Should I go to migraciones tomorrow without all my documents ready?

sinagua980

Registered
I have an appt with migraciones tomorrow to start the work visa/DNI process. I don't have all the necessary documents, however. I don't have my birth certificate translated or my FBI background check completed.

Is it still worth it to get the process started or will they simply turn me away?

THANKS!

Why waste a trip? I don't see any advantage to going until you have all of your documents (with their translations and photocopies). Why not just gather everything and make another appointment? Every trip to DNM takes one week off your lifespan.:D

The problem is there is a 2 month waiting list to get an appointment. If you don't have all the paperwork ready, they will probably just make you come back another day. But you can always give it a shot.

Don't bother going unless you have ALL of your documents in order. There is no such thing as "starting the process". It's not like they are going to create a file for you and then wait for you to bring in the missing items when you get them. Gather ALL of the requirements, make sure they are within the correct dates and timeframes, have photocopies of ALL pages of EVERYTHING and then present yourself in migraciones. Don't waste their time or your time. You will be turned away and told to come back once you have everything.

mellowshipslinky said:
Even when you think you have all your documents, they seem to need more which you don't have.

exactly!!!
Even the Argentina consulate in my country does this, I kept going back and forth acquiring more documents.
They don't seem to have a fixed process. And different officers ask for different things.

Thanks for all the feedback. Went early this morning (6:30) and waited. Was first in my line once in and was told I requested a "turno malo" online. I had selected the wrong option. Turns out, it's true. And the proper turno request online says I have to have the official background check form to even set up the appt.

Add to this the subte being shut-down and the traffic, this morning sucked. I took a cab at one point and the driver said, "If you don't know Argentina, the real Argentina, you are meeting her today."

Back