Recent content by Ries

  1. Ries

    Chinese auto show debuts in Argentina as sales surge

    https://expoautochino.com.ar/
  2. Ries

    Citizenship by Investment Announced

    so far this year we have lost something like 72,000 govt full time jobs and 400,000 en blanco private industry jobs, which even at minimum wage means over $120 MILLION dollars a month in lost wages. so, yeah, a few dozen rich tax dodgers paying 300 grand is going to fix everything! typical...
  3. Ries

    Best songs of Argentina

  4. Ries

    Best songs of Argentina

  5. Ries

    Best songs of Argentina

    almost every song posted so far has been at least 20 years old. Some significantly older. while I am a big fan of Rebelde, by Los Beatniks, which came out in 1966 and is considered to be the first true Argentine Rock song, I still go see new bands all the time, and I like a lot of music that is...
  6. Ries

    Tech Utopians Want to Build a City in Colonia, Uruguay

    plus colonia is the Uruguayan development. Praxis, the bitcoin libertarian "Digital Nation" Utopia, is a small part of the overall development. They will be screening their own buyers, I would suspect. They claim they will be investing a billion dollars, but currently they are building something...
  7. Ries

    Tech Utopians Want to Build a City in Colonia, Uruguay

    Uruguay is famous as a money laundering/sheltering location. I have known Argentines who fly to Montevideo to get their cash, which is safely stashed out of reach of the Argentine taxman. the creative professionals there are all in money and investment and real estate and architecture and so on...
  8. Ries

    Best songs of Argentina

    Gotan project is pretty much the only electronic tango group I havent gotten to see live, mainly because they arent really a group, they are a studio project. I have seen Bajofondo, Narcotango, Tanghetto, and Tango Crash. There is still an ElectroTango festival every year, usually in february...
  9. Ries

    Best songs of Argentina

    While Gotan project is only partially Argentine (the main producers are Swiss and French, and much of their work was recorded in France) this piece is one I particularly like- it features Juan Carlos Caceres, an Argentine musician who spent his life exploring the influence of Afro Argentines in...
  10. Ries

    Best songs of Argentina

    I have over 400 argentine albums, so I could go on for weeks on this topic- but here is a starter-
  11. Ries

    Economic activity records biggest monthly fall since pandemic

    Since Gomer Pyle is not known in Argentina, we will have to imagine Carlitos Bala saying "surpise surprise surprise".
  12. Ries

    Tech Utopians Want to Build a City in Colonia, Uruguay

    The Bautista family are the actual landowners of the five miles of coastline, the developers of the area, and the builders of the fantasy playland for the crypto nerds. The "utopia" is a small district inside the greater Mas colonia project of the uruguayan family's development. when the money...
  13. Ries

    Your favorite beach lake or ocean? Bonus question, diving Argentina?

    Reta, at the southern coast of the provincia, is small rustic, and beautiful. Nothing between you and antarctica. I like Mar Del Plata off season- say, early december, as the city is pretty cool, without a literal 1 million summer visitors. The hip beach is supposed to be Chapadmalal, just to...
  14. Ries

    Get Out! Art, asado, Negronis and notable bars

    I got my tickets.
  15. Ries

    Get Out! Art, asado, Negronis and notable bars

    daniel melero is a foundational part of argentine rock, and hes getting old. Sometimes he sings pretty songs, sometimes he plays loud electronic music, sometimes he does both. Worth going to see at Cafe Berlin on the 25th.
Back
Top