1 Week In Europe Early May? Recommendations

Whatevery ou do however you spend your time make sure you visit Salvadors Dali museum in his hometown of Figueres.It is a 40 min train ride towards Marseille. It is one of the craziest funkiest and wakiest museums you ever visited. Enjoy.

Thanks for the heads up, I just so happen to be arriving there on the 30th - booked a place today just outside the city.

If youre arriving on the 30th be aware that there will be problems with public transport, and it stops before ever reaching the city center (the central train station really is very central though, so its ok). All transport will be full of people and what would normally take a 5 min walk will at least be half an hour. BRING SOMETHING ORANGE TO WEAR! And have fun haha

Personally I would go to Barcelona for some sun and beach then Paris, catch the Eurostar to London then head up to Scotland.

Napoli??? Thats a joke right?
Actually, I'd say Naples is a very interesting place, comparable to Buenos Aires in many ways (of which the majority have a negative connotation). Going there feels like an adventure, and the local women are extremely beautiful (*gets shot by a certain female forum user*). The landscapes around the city are some of the finest I have ever seen, and I am certainly a well-traveled fellow. However, for someone who hasn't seen almost anything of Europe yet it wouldn't be my first recommendation, stick with Rome first, or other towns that may be a bit safer.

I guess Prague didn't get the high votes and praises I expected! Maybe next time, next trip!

Actually, I'd say Naples is a very interesting place, comparable to Buenos Aires in many ways (of which the majority have a negative connotation). Going there feels like an adventure, and the local women are extremely beautiful (*gets shot by a certain female forum user*). The landscapes around the city are some of the finest I have ever seen, and I am certainly a well-traveled fellow. However, for someone who hasn't seen almost anything of Europe yet it wouldn't be my first recommendation, stick with Rome first, or other towns that may be a bit safer.

Yeah, I'd say its a 'acquired taste' sort of place. Not somewhere to go if you haven't been to many places before.

Thanks for all the replies, I settled on Barcelona and Amsterdam. Looks like two friends will be joining me as well.

Back