1 Week In Europe Early May? Recommendations

Cinque Terre in Italy. Good time of year , beautiful coast , sunshine , and great food. Lots of other young visitors. Lots of Inexpensive lodging. Cheap Ryan air flights to / from Stansted / Pisa. You will spend much less than anywhere else in Europe.
I 2nd that, but also include a few days in Rome (I love Rome).
Nancy

Be adventurous go off the beaten path....!!

Amalfi Coast Positano, La sirenuse Hotel

http://www.venere.com/es/italia/costa-de-amalfi-golfo-de-napoles/

14858296-hermosa-costa-de-amalfi-positano-bella-italia-serie.jpg

Croacia , Dubrovnick , and Coast ,etc.

dubrovnik.jpg

I would suggest from northern Europe the city of Hamburg and from southern Europe the city of Napoli.

follo
Be adventurous go off the beaten path....!!

Amalfi Coast Positano, La sirenuse Hotel

http://www.venere.co...lfo-de-napoles/

14858296-hermosa-costa-de-amalfi-positano-bella-italia-serie.jpg

Croacia , Dubrovnick , and Coast ,etc.

dubrovnik.jpg

Follow the English romantic poets search in Italy, Shelley, Keats, and Lord Byron.....!

”There is a pleasure in the pathless woods;
There is a rapture on the lonely shore;
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roars:
I love not man the less, but Nature more…”

Im biased. Look at my name! All of the fore mentioned cities are great! But I'd opt for Prague. I have been living there for 22 years!( I also live here) Beer great and cheap ! Sights NOT museums are phenominal! accommodation can be cheap! If you want to split, add Berlin 4.5 hrs on train or bus, cheap, fun, a true international city!
And flights to/from Uk to/from Prg and Berlin are many and cheap! STAST'NOU CESTU aka Bon Voyage!

for your budget and age and for something different than Scotland, I think you would do well and have fun with a few days in Barcelona and a few in Amsterdam. I guess it all depends on how you plan on traveling from one place to another as it relates to budget and time since you only have one week.

if you could manage it I love the Greek islands in May, warm weather and no crazy tourist season. (Santorini for example)
but all the above recommendations by others are excellent. just depends on your tastes.
have a great time
n

for your budget and age and for something different than Scotland, I think you would do well and have fun with a few days in Barcelona and a few in Amsterdam. I guess it all depends on how you plan on traveling from one place to another as it relates to budget and time since you only have one week.

if you could manage it I love the Greek islands in May, warm weather and no crazy tourist season. (Santorini for example)
but all the above recommendations by others are excellent. just depends on your tastes.
have a great time
n
You pretty much read my mind, have decided on Barcelona for 5 days, then Amsterdam for 3 days - then off to Edinburgh for a week long course. Managed to get my company to pay for my flights. If anyone has any good recommendations for apartments/hotels in Barcelona and Amsterdam would love to hear them. I will now be staying with a friend in barcelona, budget $200 USD a night. Thanks

You pretty much read my mind, have decided on Barcelona for 5 days, then Amsterdam for 3 days - then off to Edinburgh for a week long course. Managed to get my company to pay for my flights. If anyone has any good recommendations for apartments/hotels in Barcelona and Amsterdam would love to hear them. I will now be staying with a friend in barcelona, budget $200 USD a night. Thanks

If early May means the 30th of april also then youd be in Amsterdam for a very special occassion, but id also advice you to start looking for accomodation asap. Although youd probably be too late already. Its Koninginnedag (Queens Day), which any given year makes about a million people come to the city, but this year the queen is abdicating and that day her son will take over and become king, so its probably going to be even more full then other years. If youre not going to be in Amsterdam that day, have fun in Barcelona, its lovely in May (its one of my favorite times to go and ive been there a lot of times).

If early May means the 30th of april also then youd be in Amsterdam for a very special occassion, but id also advice you to start looking for accomodation asap. Although youd probably be too late already. Its Koninginnedag (Queens Day), which any given year makes about a million people come to the city, but this year the queen is abdicating and that day her son will take over and become king, so its probably going to be even more full then other years. If youre not going to be in Amsterdam that day, have fun in Barcelona, its lovely in May (its one of my favorite times to go and ive been there a lot of times).
Thanks for the heads up, I just so happen to be arriving there on the 30th - booked a place today just outside the city.

Thanks for the heads up, I just so happen to be arriving there on the 30th - booked a place today just outside the city.
Berlin and Paris. Personally I'd think twice about Barcelona in May, nice but so many other, better alternatives in May.

Back