1000`s T V Channels + Internet Access ..... For Free !!!!!

khairyexpat

Registered
During my recent travel to different countries, I`ve seen satellite dish and receiver instantly produce 1000`s of TV channels ... ALL FOR FREE.
No Monthly Cable Subscription to FiberTel or CableVision, or DirectTV, etc etc . . None whatsoever.

Also, I`ve seen internet access achieved very cheaply (practically for free) by a ROUTER connected to telephone landline.

Why is this not available in Argentina?
Or is available, but I`m not aware?
Can I purchase such equipment in Argentina?
Can I import this equipment from abroad, if not available in Argentina? Or are they illegal to import?
Any other suggestions to get almost free TV and internet access?

Last edited:
A google search with the words "free satellite tv" will produce about 370 million results.

Though it presupposes an Internet connection (which might be free in some zones), this link (on the first page) got my attention as it only requires a PC and the necessary software (which is is not free):

http://www.streetdirectory.com/trav...w_to_get_satellite_tv_for_free_instantly.html

PS: This might be ideal for someone who travels a lot or lives in an apartment where it is not possible for a DIY to install a dish.

Last edited:
Thanks Steve.
This immediate connection from Dish to Receiver to TV requires nothing whatsoever.
Nothing else.

I meant No Internet access required.
No subscription to any service provider whatsoever.
Only connect Dish to Receiver to TV.
That is it.
Nothing else.
Immediately you have 1000`s of channels.

The presidency of the nation recently created a public media site with a variety of programming on 12 channels, including live concerts from CCK -- Centro Cultural Kirchner. I call it the Argentine version of Netflix with many fictional and documentary programs. Of course, it's all in Spanish. Browse and find what interests you on CONTAR. www.cont.ar

I`m still curious …. very much appreciate to hear a techy explanation. Sure someone must know !

I`ve seen a dish being connected to a tiny receiver then the receiver connected to the TV in 5 minutes …..
Voila 1000`s of TV channels all yours for free. (you heard this right … 1000`s … not 10`s … not 100`s)
Only these 2 pieces of hardware alone with the TV. I`ve never seen anything like this all my life … not in Canada not in US not Argentina ...
Why is this available and possible in some countries …. but not in the rest of the world ?

No subscription to ningun nadie … no fiberTel no DirectTV no nothing .. no internet … nothing nothing nothing !!!!!

Is this possible or available in Argentina?

Hi khairyexpat,

There is such thing as Television Digital Abierta. Free digital over-the-air local TV. You can find out location of the closest transmission station here. If it is less than 5 km, you are likely to get decent reception with an internal TV antenna. I am getting about 16 channels in the downtown.

Last edited:
Hi khairyexpat,

There is such thing as Television Digital Abierta. Free digital over-the-air local TV. You can check a location of the closest transmission station here. If it is less than 5 km, you are likely to get decent reception with an internal TV antenna. I am getting about 16 channels in the downtown.
Thanks @comodoro. What I`ve seen were 1000`s of European Satellite Channels and CNN, FOX, BBC, ... and the whole world kapudle shabang. Nothing local at all.

Free to air sat TV is one way to receive free TV channels ,as far as internet goes I don't think it works.As far as working here in Arg. I doubt it as most Satellite's are not in view here.
Thanks @Neil … I think you are hitting on something here. Please elaborate more detail if you can?
Are most Satellites not view in Canada and US as well?

=======
The almost free internet I saw was a tiny ROUTER on a phone landline . Monthly subscriptions around $5US gives you unlimited access.

Last edited:
Thanks again @Neil.
No further explanation needed.
The 2 links you gave answered all my questions.
My bad, I did not read before.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fishmanfun Newcomers Forum 19
B Culture 14
M Newcomers Forum 2
Back