1200 for a 2 BR

citygirl

Registered
I am looking at a 2 BR apt in Palermo (libertador y ocampo), just renovated & willing to do a month to month lease. They're asking $1200 a month for a fully furnished apt which includes expenses. It seems a little high but the fact that they're being flexible on lease terms & it's full-service might be affecting the price.
I've been looking at the papers, craigslist, etc & prices are all over so would love to hear if you think $1200 USD is a fair price for fully-furnished apt in that area or is extravagent...

Hello citygirl,
I haven't seen the flat, but it seems to me that it's a bit too much. It's shameful to see locals take advantage of tourists and expats like this.
Cheers
Ernie

Citygirl, if you can give a full description of the apartment ( and the type of building) I will be able to tell you if it is reasonable or a steal ( for instance does it have a garage? does it have central heating? security 24/7? how many sq mts? I assume it is fully furnsihed? )

"Ernie" said:
Hello citygirl,
I haven't seen the flat, but it seems to me that it's a bit too much. It's shameful to see locals take advantage of tourists and expats like this. 
Cheers
Ernie 

Nobody forces them to rent, but with prices like that the expats will soon disapear

That is true, but rental prices are skyrocketting and it is expensive to rent dfor locals too, just take a look at the classified ads on any local newspaper. It does suck though.

I have to say that rentals for fully furnished properties are at record highs in Capital Federal. I do beleive that in many cases the properties offered for these prices are completely unjustified.
I for one do not mind paying for something that has value and is well furnished, but when others are offered with broken furniture and 100 buses roaring past an hour for the so called bargain price of 1000 a month I want to scream.

Living in BA for a year I rented 6 apartments short term, looked at maybe 70 more and ended up buying one. $1200 is not unreasonable for a killer apartment. In my opinion you will get exactly what you pay for. if you find place for super cheap i guarantee you will get exactly what you pay for. check it out first then decide if its too much. for reference i rent my place for $1550 a month and its only a one bedroom, but its top notch and its booked all year long, month after month...

"danc" said:
Living in BA for a year I rented 6 apartments short term, looked at maybe 70 more and ended up buying one. $1200 is not unreasonable for a killer apartment. In my opinion you will get exactly what you pay for. if you find place for super cheap i guarantee you will get exactly what you pay for. check it out first then decide if its too much. for reference i rent my place for $1550 a month and its only a one bedroom, but its top notch and its booked all year long, month after month...
Where is your appartment?
I pay 1000 in Puerto Madero and I think it´s more then enough

it's in las canitas, overlooking the polo field.

Thanks all! The last few times in BsAs, I have rented an apt throught apartmentsba & it was fairly expensive but I was prepared for that.
nikad - thank you so much. The apt is a 2 BR, 1.5 bath, on the 11th floor of a high-rise with security, fully furnished (just renovated). It also has a balcony. Not sure about the garage.
It belongs to a friend of a friend who uses a management company there to rent it. So the nice thing is that I know that there won't be any problems/questions with the owner.
Again, I've seen rents all over the place so it's tough to judge what is fair & what isn't these days...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Apartment Rentals and Roommates 4
Back