2 Bedroom Suite to Share in Amazing Boutique Hotel

orwellian said:
Music on a web site is a big no no.

LOL. You're too funny :D

What did you think about the place? The area? Is it worth the price?

:)

iStar said:
LOL. You're too funny :D

What did you think about the place? The area? Is it worth the price?

:)

I liked their web site minus the music. Personally I don't like the decorations and furniture.

orwellian said:
I liked their web site minus the music. Personally I don't like the decorations and furniture.

Too Funny!!

I think it looks clean and comfortable. Thats all I need.

I did look at the place Roberto is talking about when he first posted the link a couple weeks ago. I wasn't thrilled by the location, but I think it look fine in the photos (I actually like the furniture). Given the fact that he hasn't booked it yet I'm going to jump in, as I have been thinking about those in Roberto's situation for some time (though he may not be interested in what I (may) have to offer. That I would understand).

I do agree with mini that the location is not ideal and with iStar that the price isn't really as attractive as one would expect (especially from a friend in tough economic times). I didn't look to see if weekly rates are published, but a week there should be long enough to find a monthly rental that might offer much better value in perhaps a far more desirable location...or simply stay there.

By coincidence, just last week I went to Cablevision/fibertel to get another decoder and order a modem for the second floor bedroom in my PH with the idea of offering it to solo travelers for one week (two at the most) who were reluctant to book longer than that on line so they would be able to find a decent place in a decent location and be as certain of what they were renting as possible. They also would not find themselves alone in a new city with no one to advise them (or talk to). Many of us arrive here under those exact circumstances.

I am not in the rental business and I would never rent my entire apartment to anyone. If I do have (short term) guests in my home, something I have considered doing for the past few months, I would definitely prefer solo travelers who are just arriving in Argentina. I can offer them a private bedroom with a bath just a few feet away, cable TV and a high speed internet connection and phone for local calls. There is also a plant filled terraza off the bedroom and washer and dryer in a separate lavadora. While I would prefer those individuals who aren't interested in cooking or entertaining, 24 hour access to the kitchen on the ground floor would be included, especially for making coffee, tea, and keeping things in the fridge.

There are many coffee shops and restaurants in the neighborhood, as well as a wonderful grocery store next door (with fresh-baked bread all day). The Congresso de Tucuman subway station is just two blocks from the apartment.

I think those over 30 (if not 40) would be best suited to spend a week or two "above me" in Nunez/Belgrano. Anyone who is interested please send me a PM.

Back