2 tickets for sale MAdonna Sticky and Wet Dec 6th

nikad

Registered
A dear friend got two tickets for the show and won´t be able to attend, they are for Dec 6th " Platea Preferencial " If anybody is interested please message me :)

nik

He is asking 1900 pesos for each, and it is platea preferencial VIP for december 6th, he will entertain counter offers as he wants to get rid of them.

I disapprove of the idea of gouging people with scalped tickets and am hence writing this. Your friend "wants to get rid of them" for 300% of the tickets' purchase price. That is a bit galling.
Fact: as of a few minutes ago, tickets are available for all four days of the series.
Fact: there is no section called 'platea preferncial VIP' according to ticket.com.ar.
Fact: platea preferencial is an actual section a side view of the stage but is more elevated than campo VIP.
Fact: tickets on the day offered, the 6th, in the campo VIP section can now be had on ticketek.com.ar for $730 pesos, which includes the $100 service few. These are very arguably better seats. While on the field, they have a direct view. Tickets for many days are available for less then $250 pesos.

The way this concert series was launched has encouraged many people to purchase tickets with the intention of reselling them at higher rates. Additional dates were added after previous ones sold out quickly. However, ticketek retroactively added more availability for previously sold-out dates. This means that a lot of would-be profiteers are left with tickets on which they might not be able to profit, which makes the mark-up on 1,900 peso tickets especially audacious. Ticket brokers have seats much cheaper than the offer stated above, and people on craiglist are offering to sell at cost. Do check that the tickets are legit for the latter option, though.
Prediction on the speculation: there will be many unhappy people who thought they had struck gold when scoring tickets to one of the first two dates and then realizing that even selling at cost would be difficult. This doesn't seem that surprising considering the New York dates took months to finally sell out and that most seats were cheaper than the ones in BA, despite what I am pretty sure is a lower total venue capacity. I actually don't even like Madonna but have been interested in the excitement the concert in BA created for friends of mine there and intrigued by concert pricing in general. I would counsel anyone who does care about this concert to go and purchase tickets either at ticketek, where they are available for all days, or at cost from people not wishing to profiteer by selling at cost. When tickets fetch such great fees in the aftermarket, promoters raise the normal prices for subsequent concerts. I'd like to see would-be profiteers lose money on this concert series. For a show that will be ten times better than this, the best seats for Juana Molina at Ateneo on Dec. 12 are still available for pesos. The top price for Gabo Fero tickets at the same venue on Nov. 21 is $35 pesos. Both of these artists are consistently incredible and stand up well against most all global artists of better reknown.
saludos
Brendan

You absolutely honor your nickname. I don´t care about what you think really, this was not a discussion thread, it was an ad thread. A company called ticket.com.ar does not exist. Tickets for the dates I mentioned have been sold out a long time ago. Platea Preferencial VIP is printed on the tickets, so I guess it does exist. The tickets are legit and have proof of purchase from Ticketek. Also I know he is willing to negotiate the price, but I am not going to tell him what to do with his tickets, just like I wouldn´t tell you how to run your business ;)
nik

abitlost said:
I disapprove of the idea of gouging people with scalped tickets and am hence writing this. Your friend "wants to get rid of them" for 300% of the tickets' purchase price. That is a bit galling.
Fact: as of a few minutes ago, tickets are available for all four days of the series.
Fact: there is no section called 'platea preferncial VIP' according to ticket.com.ar.
Fact: platea preferencial is an actual section a side view of the stage but is more elevated than campo VIP.
Fact: tickets on the day offered, the 6th, in the campo VIP section can now be had on ticketek.com.ar for $730 pesos, which includes the $100 service few. These are very arguably better seats. While on the field, they have a direct view. Tickets for many days are available for less then $250 pesos.

The way this concert series was launched has encouraged many people to purchase tickets with the intention of reselling them at higher rates. Additional dates were added after previous ones sold out quickly. However, ticketek retroactively added more availability for previously sold-out dates. This means that a lot of would-be profiteers are left with tickets on which they might not be able to profit, which makes the mark-up on 1,900 peso tickets especially audacious. Ticket brokers have seats much cheaper than the offer stated above, and people on craiglist are offering to sell at cost. Do check that the tickets are legit for the latter option, though.
Prediction on the speculation: there will be many unhappy people who thought they had struck gold when scoring tickets to one of the first two dates and then realizing that even selling at cost would be difficult. This doesn't seem that surprising considering the New York dates took months to finally sell out and that most seats were cheaper than the ones in BA, despite what I am pretty sure is a lower total venue capacity. I actually don't even like Madonna but have been interested in the excitement the concert in BA created for friends of mine there and intrigued by concert pricing in general. I would counsel anyone who does care about this concert to go and purchase tickets either at ticketek, where they are available for all days, or at cost from people not wishing to profiteer by selling at cost. When tickets fetch such great fees in the aftermarket, promoters raise the normal prices for subsequent concerts. I'd like to see would-be profiteers lose money on this concert series. For a show that will be ten times better than this, the best seats for Juana Molina at Ateneo on Dec. 12 are still available for pesos. The top price for Gabo Fero tickets at the same venue on Nov. 21 is $35 pesos. Both of these artists are consistently incredible and stand up well against most all global artists of better reknown.
saludos
Brendan

Again, tickets are still widely available on the website at cost. The shows are not sold out, which makes sense to me, as I couldn't imagine paying 200 pesos to see this concert.
Okay. You got me on a technicality, as I mistyped a bit. Apologies. The site is www.ticketek.com.ar, the largest ticket-seller in the country for major events. I repeat: tickets are available for every day of the Madonna series, including better tickets than those offered at the ridiculous rates quoted in this email (for 1,170 pesos less, in fact). The www.ticketek.com. seating chart does not show any 'platea preferencial VIP' area. Campo places, not seated, can be had for $250 pesos including service fees. If this is not 'a discussion thread', then I am puzzled as to how there were four posts of back-and-forth exchanges before I posted.

Again, buying tickets from resellers who try to profiteer by anticipating demand (in this case partially false, as so many extra dates were added) drives up the initial prices of future events. In my mind, reselling tickets is not a legitimiate 'business', and, yes, I anticipate others taking umbrage to that point and going into free-market pontifications. Ideally, people who try to do this will get screwed enough times that the phenomenon will cease.

A general tip: when trying to access the site when there is heavy traffic when events first go on sale, always go to ticketek.com and then link to the Argentina site. It is an Aussie or Kiwi company with a branch in Argentina, and one can often link to the local site from there when you get busy messages when it is entered directly.

Saludos,
Brendan

If you don´t like what is being offered move on! This is ridiculous and really my last reply to you.

Back