22 Year old thinking of moving to Argentina

There are some international companies that offer jobs in call centres providing costumer service in english. The hours are shitty (04.00 - 12.00) but it pays about 800 USD a month.

JJ, it´s not a good idea to come without any special skills as mentioned above. Best thing to do is to get through college, work for a few years, hopefully with an international company with offices here and do a transfer. At least, you´ll save up enough to at least buy a home here ($25K to start) As far as the zombies,it´s not any different than the US, it can be anywhere in the world, believe me, I´ve been all over. But if you choose to come here now or later, do not expect to be making a lot of money, it´s just the way it is.

I really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions I will take them all into account I could round up close to twenty five grand by the time I want to leave but after the travel there and back put aside I will be broke within a year with rent there higher than it is here and pay lower. Again I appreciate all of your help and wish you all the best of luck down south. JJ

hi ya jj ...i agree theres lots of jelous negative types in this site, your 22 at the prime of ur life looking for adventure ,and i say fair play to u, what i would do,try to stick out your factory job for a litle while longer,save ur bollox off, go to argentna ,c what u think,its a cool beautiful country,i suggest go from jan to april,nice and hot,your money will last u along time,provided u keep and eye on it...but if ur looking for something more long term i would also suggest australia, u will have no problem getting work,they are crying out for worker in all feilds,lots of my friends went for a year and still havnt come back 3 years on...
go for it...

You should move to a obsceen and dirthy hostel in San Telmo and live there with people who like you have not a spare peso to spend.
You then should chase 60 hours a week all around BA to teach English for 25 hours a week at 20 peso an hour.
Maybe you then can pay your hostel, buy some clothes, food and go out once every saturday to a sucky bar in Once or La Boca
Your health care plan you should have paid for the year and you should get a ticket you can change
Good Luck!!!!

Or you can work 2,3 years in the USA, save 15.000-20.000 dollar and spend a year in BA in a nice appartement, partying a lot and working in something you like and with a shedule you like

"CABJ" said:
CABJYou should move to a obsceen and dirthy hostel in San Telmo and live there with people who like you have not a spare peso to spend.
You then should chase 60 hours a week all around BA to teach English for 25 hours a week at 20 peso an hour.
Maybe you then can pay your hostel, buy some clothes, food and go out once every saturday to a sucky bar in Once or La Boca
Your health care plan you should have paid for the year and you should get a ticket you can change
Good Luck!!!!
If one were to pronounce some of the words in your post the way they are spelled (obsceen and dirthy), they might sound a bit tipsy. I've noticed this in some of your other posts tonight as well. Are you drinking faster than you are posting, or are you just a poor speller? Suggestion: proofread 100% of your post and don't post when 100% proofed. And, for your own safety, don't talk like this in a bar, either.

Maybe you could give some advice, it´s not like I am the first that asks you that

This is funny, I just moved back to Argentina after spending 10 years in US. I spent most of those years in St Louis, MO. I am originally from Buenos Aires. Send me a message at [email protected] and I can tell you more about Buenos Aires compared to MO.

Back