2x1 promo Aerolineas

brandon

Registered
http://www.aerolinea...a=es&idPromo=29

2 for 1 on some economy class tickets in Arg and business class to Miami, Sydney & Europe
Fine print says its for residents only. Any non-residents have experience using a resident-only offer?
Wondering if they'll make you pay when you check in. Seems there would need to be some alert to check for residency due to your fare class. Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure the resident only fees are for residents only and you'll get in trouble for using them. (probably made to pay the difference or not let on the flight)

I remember a resident saying before that they got non-resident relatives on a flight with a "resident" ticket but that was a while ago, you'll have to search to see what they said.

Lastly Aerolineas have a terrible reputation (although I have personally never used them myself, preferring to use LAN's resident offers and paying a little more. Just goes to show that word of mouth can ruin a company's reputation.) so it might be worth your while finding an alternative that is slightly more expensive.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ lets you find the absolute cheapest flights around. I found flying from Montevideo > Sao Paulo > Europe has been much cheaper recently than flying from Buenos Aires.

oh my!!! i just checked out this site that u posted!!!!! I've been looking for family to come from
Egypt for my wedding and just found such a great price from matrix! thanks:)

I'm pretty sure the resident only fees are for residents only and you'll get in trouble for using them. (probably made to pay the difference or not let on the flight)

I remember a resident saying before that they got non-resident relatives on a flight with a "resident" ticket but that was a while ago, you'll have to search to see what they said.

Lastly Aerolineas have a terrible reputation (although I have personally never used them myself, preferring to use LAN's resident offers and paying a little more. Just goes to show that word of mouth can ruin a company's reputation.) so it might be worth your while finding an alternative that is slightly more expensive.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ lets you find the absolute cheapest flights around. I found flying from Montevideo > Sao Paulo > Europe has been much cheaper recently than flying from Buenos Aires.

I checked a few 2x1 promo, either the dates arent available, or the price is extremely high...

I checked a few 2x1 promo, either the dates arent available, or the price is extremely high...

The prices are high because its business class. If you can read the text it tells you that for the second passenger, the price comes up as $0 and for that you can tell whether its a 2x1 or not....

I assume you would be in BA and then take a ferry to Montevideo? If so, is it a bother adding that extra amount before taking a long flight?

What are other major hubs other than EZE? Santiago? Asuncion? Montevideo? Sao Paulo (I've used that one)? Are they better than EZE for leaving Argentina? Factoring in also the effort to get to them from BA for example.

I assume you would be in BA and then take a ferry to Montevideo? If so, is it a bother adding that extra amount before taking a long flight?

What are other major hubs other than EZE? Santiago? Asuncion? Montevideo? Sao Paulo (I've used that one)? Are they better than EZE for leaving Argentina? Factoring in also the effort to get to them from BA for example.
yeah you have to get to Montevideo on your own, but the flight i found with TAM still works out much cheaper than flying direct from BA. No idea why.

It also has been showing that some major lines from Asia, India and Europe are choosing the Sao Paulo hub over BA, possibly due to more references of Brasils growth. So to answer my own question, possibly Sao Paulo is a good major hub to choose. Santiago may be nice but if leaving BA for points east, it's a longer distance. Have no idea about Asuncion or Montevideo as major hubs.

Also wondering if Newberry airport might be a better option to fly out from if first doing a BR or UR stop before taking the longhaul flight. That way if there are any issues at the airport, you're closer to the city to grab a hotel, get paperwork, etc. We know of reports of people taking the $30 or so trip into EZE and not able to board for some reason and having to spend money for two more taxi trips.

Back