3 Years To Figure Out How To Make Money In Ba ?

Like for instance be the first to trade mark BAexpats moonshine!!! corn is cheap :p (just a thought)

What do you have a passion for? That should lead you to a career path. Do you really want to sit in front of a computer all day or be on a telephone? If not, pursue something that you love or at least like to do. Imagine your ideal life in Argentina and then go for it.

Well said Macanudo...I found my answers following this modus as well.

Argentina is wide open in the market for expanding services. The buyers here are savvy and always want the latest (which seldom exists here). For example, in the US we have the app Open Table. I have been using this app for years. Finally, we got Ristorando here. Same thing. Just in Spanish. You don't need to reinvent the wheel. Just look at what is out there in the first world and bring it here.

Just make sure: 1) you don't need employees, 2) you can get paid in Dollars if at all possible and 3) you do it under the radar as much as possible and show just enough of the business in the open to justify your lifestyle.

I personally don't think business in Argentina as an Argentine business is a viable option unless things change drastically in the near future (not likely). Your best bet is to start your own business where you can charge your clients from Australia and do your business from Australia but in Argentina (complicated because of currency issues but doable). You might be able to start an Australian business but actually have all your clients in Argentina. But the best bet would to be to have everything external to Argentina.

That won't be a problem but obviously I don't want to just run down my savings, plus I'm late 30's so too young to retire ha ha. I have pretty good Spanish so I could perfect it but I think the translator job market is also pretty much flooded oh well
Build a steady income stream in Australia then move to BA, still have the income while in BA.

Far too difficult. Argentine friends with small - medium businesses are struggling to survive. Endless taxes, restrictive regulations, labor law that always favors employees, lack of credit, etc. Stay in Australia or go somewhere else that welcomes investment and entrepreneurship.

How about you set some time every week to get a clue about technology? You can learn so much about coding and spreadsheet programs for free on the Internet. There are no excuses!

http://www.noexcuselist.com/

Back