30 minutes with migraciones just to leave Argentina!!!

Fiscal

Registered
I can see how entering Argentina as a Yanqui during this period might get migraciones interested, but leaving? Three different people in migraciones including a supervisor, documento after documento, questions about what business I had in Miami, etc. They said, you’re a resident and stamped my precaria, and I said no I’m leaving here for good! I’m paranoid to ever return!

I can see how entering Argentina as a Yanqui during this period might get migraciones interested, but leaving? Three different people in migraciones including a supervisor, documento after documento, questions about what business I had in Miami, etc. They said, you’re a resident and stamped my precaria, and I said no I’m leaving here for good! I’m paranoid to ever return!
Fiscal, Don't over react. They have a job to do. Not sure what exactly it is, but they have a responsibility to do something I would think.

They claimed I overstayed, and so I could only leave via my precaria. I told them that was not true (based on what bajocero had written and my own lawyer about everything being frozen due to Covid) and they said that was not true and that without a precaria they wouldn’t let me through and id have to go pay some fine in person!

They claimed I overstayed, and so I could only leave via my precaria. I told them that was not true (based on what bajocero had written and my own lawyer about everything being frozen due to Covid) and they said that was not true and that without a precaria they wouldn’t let me through and id have to go pay some fine in person!
It's typical Argentina. Confusion on the part of those who should know.

I am sorry for your hassle, but move on and forget about it.

Your mission was togo to FL, get vaccinated and then move on to your next item on your agenda.

Stay focused and stick to your plan, don't let these people distract you.

They are clueless about the law and decrees. And the major issue is that pandemic’s rules are military law that is banned in Argentina, so they do not know how to behave.

When I was leaving Argentina in January, showing my permanent DNI
Migraciones officer asked me about the purpose of my trip.
I find it somewhat odd. What difference does it make?

Please stay calm. They are asking that to everyone. Basically, they want to discourage traveling for tourism during the pandemic.

What answer did you give and what was his response? What answer do you think might have created a problem?

What answer did you give and what was his response?

my response was "visiting family"

What answer do you think might have created a problem?

I don't know.
I'd refrain from 2 responses:

(1) Tourism -- implies non-essential travel, may be prohibited under pandemic regime;

(2) Living in another country -- this might raise questions about one's residency status in Argentina.

At least in the United States if you have green card (permanent resident status) then admitting that you actually live in another country is a big no-no: leads to losing green card.

my response was "visiting family"

I don't know.
I'd refrain from 2 responses:

(1) Tourism -- implies non-essential travel, may be prohibited under pandemic regime;

(2) Living in another country -- this might raise questions about one's residency status in Argentina.

At least in the United States if you have green card (permanent resident status) then admitting that you actually live in another country is a big no-no: leads to losing green card.
They do care because there are restriction based on epidemiological risk country by country no matter legal status.

Back