30+ Professional Gay Scene??

YanquiGallego

Registered
So I have recently re-entered the dating and going out scene here in BA, and while when it comes to having a great time DE JODA, dancing, drinking, and ¨touch and go¨ , all is quite well, BA seems to lack ambience for that 30+ professional who is maybe looking for something a bit more laid-back and a bit on the nicer scale, with the intent of actually chatting or meeting someone for something more than ¨touch and go¨ Not only that, but most of the gay places I have been to here have been pretty seedy.

Am I missing something or is there some sort of unknown ¨watering hole¨ where the 30 + professional gay set hangs out? Special organizations like the HRC I could join to maybe interact more with this set? Thanks guys

I wish I could offer sound advice, but all my 30 to 50 year old gay friends are all about touch and go and "de joda". None of them want a serious relationship. Is it a cultural thing, or maybe generational? Because the straight guys are the same.

My experience is you can go the late night dance bars or slightly earlier low key bars. Where have you been? Look here

http://www.thegayguide.com.ar/gaybars.htm

But the lounge bar scene has come and gone. Sitges, KM 0, and Flux are sort of lounge bars, but not very exciting, but can be fun if you drink enough.

I don't know about bars. There's a gay pub crawl (they don't exclusively go to gay bars but also gay friendly) in Palermo on Thursdays and Saturdays and people who go there range from 18 to 50. Also, I went to Piola the other night (Libertad btw Santa Fe and Marcelo T Alvear) and it was full of gay couples and groups, around their 30s, good pizza as well. I'd avoid the Boliches.

yeah, it seems like there are very few early night bars, I do go to Flux a lot and enjoy it. The rest all seem the same. Km 0 and Sitges even have the same shows but alternate the nights. I will give the pub crawl a shot and also this Piola place. Is it a combination resto/bar?

YanquiGallego said:
yeah, it seems like there are very few early night bars, I do go to Flux a lot and enjoy it. The rest all seem the same. Km 0 and Sitges even have the same shows but alternate the nights. I will give the pub crawl a shot and also this Piola place. Is it a combination resto/bar?
Piola is a restaurant, not really very gay, you would have better luck at Starbucks.

YanquiGallego said:
yeah, it seems like there are very few early night bars, I do go to Flux a lot and enjoy it.

I have had lots of fun as well at Flux, they start early and the employees are friendly, crowd is limited though, KM 0 can be fun after 2 AM or 3 AM, no shows that late, and crowds are larger. More fun, than earlier. Yet harder for me to stay awake that late.

No, in Buenos Aires there are no bars or lounges for people 30+ to actually talk to people. The closest thing I think is KM ZERO but it opens after midnight. I recommend you GRINDR

Back