5G is coming to Argentina

jantango

Registered
In September I listened to an online summit entitled 5G Crisis -- Awareness & Accountability hosted by Josh del Sol in the USA. I have access to all the talks and was listening to one of them tonight. I wanted to know if and when 5G would be operating in Argentina and if there is any opposition to its use. Italy is taking measures to keep it out of the country. Most articles in my search discussed who is first in implementing the technology here -- Movistar. I found one article addressing the health concerns. When I learned about EMF, I bought a special bag protector in the US for my wifi router at home. I know that when I take a bus or subway train, I am bombarded by EMF pulses from all the cell phones of passengers. It's impossible to avoid. We are all bombarded by pulses from our neighbors' WIFI. I always turn off the power to the router at night, and refuse to use a cell phone.

I found one article published in LaVoz that mentions the problem of EMF, but it appears that we'll be dealing with 5G in about three years. I ran the article through Goggle translator to post here.

The next technological revolution seems to be the 5G network. For Argentina it is expected that only in 2023, 10 percent of the connections will be made through this system.

In Europe and North America this technology is more advanced. And there are already sectors that warn about their potential health risks. Will it be dangerous?

The advantage of 5G is not only high speed, but also lower latency, the lag between the cell phone (or any other device) and the server.

In 4G the latency is between 50 to 150 milliseconds. With 5G values of 1 to 5 milliseconds are expected. Those fractions of seconds are vital, for example, to make a decision that avoids an accident. That is why it is key to allow self-driven vehicles to circulate safely.

To achieve these improvements, 5G works at a higher frequency (measured in Gigahertz), but the signal is more easily blocked in the presence of buildings and even heavy rain. That is why a higher antenna density is required. In U.S.A. It is estimated that the current 320,000 4G antennas should be increased to about 769,000 of 5G.

Behind the warnings about a potential danger is a dogma that circulates, according to which the higher the frequency of the electromagnetic wave, the greater the damage to health.

But behind that speech there is an error that goes back to the year 2000. Physicist Bill Curry conducted a study for Broward County (Florida, USA) on the risk of putting Wi-Fi in schools (5G works at frequencies higher than the wifi).

From that work came the aforementioned dogma. Curry's experiment consisted of exposing isolated tissues in the laboratory to radio waves and interpreted these results as if they were cells inside the human body. But our body is covered by a protective layer called skin. High frequency waves cannot penetrate it.

The refutations received by Curry's work were useless. The error spread in the media, received the support of some scientists and went viral on social networks.

Over time, more studies have been conducted on the harmful effects of radiofrequency electromagnetic fields. In 2017, a group of scientists and doctors around the world launched an appeal to achieve a moratorium on 5G technology. The argument: "Radio frequency electromagnetic fields have proven harmful to humans and the environment."

This movement has already slowed the deployment of the 5G network in some Swiss cantons, which decided to paralyze the installation of the antennas until their safety is demonstrated.

The measure was taken invoking the famous "precautionary principle" that governs environmental law. This is a very declared but little exercised principle, especially in countries with more lax legal protection such as Argentina.

It always happens in our country. Each time a decision is made in the name of progress, the risks are not evaluated and the population is not previously informed about the issue. The result is that with progress knocking on the door of his house, people perceive it as something more dangerous than it really is.

The logical mechanism would be to generate spaces for dialogue and debates prior to the installation of the new technology. This minimizes not only the actual risk but also the perceived risk. But in Argentina it seems that progress hits us. With 5G technology we are in time to at least discuss and inform ourselves better.

It is really academic. 5g is YEARS away from being implemented broadly in the U. S. As far as health risks about any of this technology.....how do you prove a negative? (brain cancer has been going down over the last 5 or 10 years) All in all it is a Shakespearean argument....Much ado about nothing.

5G coming to Argentina? Just as soon as the national debt is paid.

I hope 5G never arrives in Argentina. Much ado about nothing? I can't share the videos (44 of them from the summit) or the transcripts. But I'm listening to one now that would change your mind.

Science on 5G and Wireless Radiation
Devra Davis, PhD, MPH
What you'll learn
  • Science the industry doesn't want you to know
  • Impact of millimeter waves on your health
  • Exposing the industry playbook

"Aside from the industry's false studies, the science is clear: wireless (microwave) radiation causes biological harm."

5G infrastructure is too expensive to install, Argentina would be busy fixing pot holes, rotted service poles and street signs for the next couple of decades before bringing in the 5G. Safety-wise, 5G is not any more dangerous than 4G, it's not ionizing radiation and as long as you don't sleep with your phone under the pillow and don't hold your phone against your head for prolonged periods of time, then you should be alright. The same kind of hysteria was revolving around microwaves and they proved to be harmless outside the oven itself. Not that I use one. In reality some EMF is absolutely everywhere within the city limits, but here in Argentina, arguably, it's not too bad because brick and cement walls are good at filtering some of that out, it's much worse in North America where every house is made of wooden studs with empty spaces inside the walls.

I'm more worried about people's excessive consumption of sugar and refined flour, that's what people should be panicking about as it happens to be the leading cause of death almost worldwide now.

Back