A Good Story About A Bus Driver

TomAtAlki

Registered
There is so much negativity going around that I thought I would relay what happened to Nancy and me today.

We were going from Palermo up towards Olivos. I looked up which bus we needed on the OmniLineas site and we needed a 29. I forgot to check which branch I had to catch and just jumped on the 1st 29 to come along. Told the driver I was going to Cramer, paid the fare and walked into the back of the bus. After a couple of minutes the driver asked to make sure where I was going and turned out we were on the wrong bus. He told us to hang out near him. He let another 29 catch up to us and waved it down. The 2 drivers talked through the window/door. They stopped at a light in Plaza Italia. Our driver told us to get out - carefully - and get in the other bus that was going where we needed to go.

I didn't get his name or bus number or anything but at least I can thank him here. :=)

T/

There is so much negativity going around that I thought I would relay what happened to Nancy and me today.

We were going from Palermo up towards Olivos. I looked up which bus we needed on the OmniLineas site and we needed a 29. I forgot to check which branch I had to catch and just jumped on the 1st 29 to come along. Told the driver I was going to Cramer, paid the fare and walked into the back of the bus. After a couple of minutes the driver asked to make sure where I was going and turned out we were on the wrong bus. He told us to hang out near him. He let another 29 catch up to us and waved it down. The 2 drivers talked through the window/door. They stopped at a light in Plaza Italia. Our driver told us to get out - carefully - and get in the other bus that was going where we needed to go.

I didn't get his name or bus number or anything but at least I can thank him here. :=)

T/

In my experience, bus drivers have shown more courtesy and education than others who are thought to be well mannered. Different story with taxi drivers though.

Even if they aren't courteous, I totally get it. It's a thankless job, in my opinion.

Nice post. Overall I find the bus drivers courteous and helpful to the passengers. If you are crossing the road in front of them it could be a different story. :)

The bus drivers in Argentina are great. When they actually stop, that is. :p

I also have had many great experience with them(as well as a few bad one)
but can you imagine dealing with traffic in ba 8 hrs daily? and the traffic is often the least of their stress!

Agree, I have had nothing but good things to say about the bus drivers here. My regular lines are the 130 and the 161...the drivers all great guys.

Back