A Lawyer Who Works On A Contigency Basis Or At Least Works

Never been in a city with so many lawyers....lawyers and psychiatrists. My own family here has more lawyers than I have met in my life elsewhere. Not sure what they all do, but it rarely involves being in court apparently.

Just wondering, do you all really believe lawyers's attitudes are special in BsAs? I have had some "GREAT" experiences, in my other home, Seattle also.
Just saying.....
Nancy

Like CityGirl over 10 yrs I've experienced some lazy on retainer corporate lawyers, recommended by contacts, who do sweet FA and barely take your calls except if their payments aren't processed on time...and then we literally stumbled on the most amazing group of corporate lawyers who blew our mind away. They are close friends now after seeing us through tough times, billing accurately to the minute and using their contacts to get us the solutions we needed. The lead guy did his post grad in Harvard which may explain his ability to see the world in the same way we do. I would never now make sly jokes or comments about lawyers as I've seen first hand how their genius can be employed in an ethical environment, respecting all parties. It's trite to say but the system is Bsas is f**ked, hence the lawyers are chasing the fallout. Low hanging sue-your-ass fruit aside I have seen world class professionals at work here. This may not suit the OP in a personal suit but please don't lose heart.

Thanks ya'll. Tom, I have had pretty good experiences with lawyers in the US, but if this situation was in the US it would have been resolved without lawyers in small claims years ago and the city would have done something since there is an important safety issue putting my life in danger. Unfortunately this has gone on so long the losses are more than small claims would cover now.

The crazy thing the other party is a well-heeled expat.

How do I upload a photo?

Baja cero2 says something that I was told by another lawyer. Lawyers are not allowed to speak against or even take actions against fraudulent lawyers. I have been through the mill with 3 different lawyers, 2 who assured me we would win and I could recover the losses i faced by fraudulent architects and inmobilarios. They did not take money up front, but they both "lost " the cases and so now I also have to pay all of the court and legal fees for both cases!

The other lawyer took money up front to handle the problem with the first lawyer´s deceptions. 4 years later, did nothing except to send me an email about the case, saying that the judge determined that my lawyer acted inappropriately, and he could not charge me. You can be sure, that the other side (his friend) will pad the costs and there will be lots of pay-offs. I lost money on the professional opinions that I had to provide as well. The legal system here is a crock!

Back