A Pinot Noir From Argentina That Stands Out. Nytimes Review

D.B. Cooper

Registered
A Pinot Noir From Argentina That Stands Out in a Sea of Malbecs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/27/dining/argentina-wine-pinot-noir-bodega-chacra.html?emc=edit_tnt_20160121&nlid=23670363&tntemail0=y&_r=0

I'm not a big Pinot Noir guy but I might give this one a try. (If I can find it in the local Carrefour)
And it's not ridiculously overpriced.

Chacra? Thats not news, best pinot from Argentina, hands down.

Its not cheap though. The 32 is probably running over $1000 these days. 55 might be near there as well. You can get a lot of malbec for that price, but if you're craving a good pinot... it's cheaper than the imported stuff.

On the subject. I like white wine, but here I have been having a hard time in finding a decent one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Any suggestion?

There are some nice Chardonnays around, but $1000 for a Pinot Noir?

On the subject. I like white wine, but here I have been having a hard time in finding a decent one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Any suggestion?

Have you tried Torrontes? There are some tasty ones out there. I like Colome, it's pretty easy to find and not too pricey. Drier than a Chardonnay, kind of mineral-y. Worth a try and the most traditional Argentine white wine. I don't know why it isn't more popular.

Which white wine do you prefer, among those made in Argentina?

It's good, but it's not at all a traditional style Pinot. My notes in a blind tasting had it pegged as a Syrah blend - so, yeah, Argentine Pinot.

It's good, but it's not at all a traditional style Pinot. My notes in a blind tasting had it pegged as a Syrah blend - so, yeah, Argentine Pinot.

32 or 55? do you remember the vintage? Maybe it was an off bottle, because syrah is a weird one, I'd think if I confused it with anything it be graciano or tempranillo.

Dale, Ale what's $1000 for a guy like you! Pick up a few bottles and bring them to the Tuesday chat! I guarantee that you'll make some new friends!

The $1.000 price tag is wayyyyyyyyyy out of my range.
$100 to $150 pesos is more to my spending limit.
And that's only when I'm feeling really good.
I'm always tempted to try the wine in a-box that all the winos drink.
But I have a feeling that's going to go down the drain after one sip.

Back