A question about taxis

Status
Not open for further replies.
The taxi drives as a free person who owns his car has a real right to refuse to drive for you and you were lucky to do not finish at jail because you were trespassing.
Stay calm, please. I was not “” trespassing”” . I was in a public taxi and the journey had started, meter was running. Please don’t misuse your knowledge of law to put me down.

What do you mean by "test my knowledge about routes"? Since you didn't reply, he thought you didn't understand him, so he asked: "Where are you from?".

Sorry to disappoint. You guessed wrong.

Stay calm, please. I was not “” trespassing”” . I was in a public taxi and the journey had started, meter was running. Please don”t misuse your knowledge of law to put me down.
When you take a taxi is alike to have a precaria at the immigration. It is called a revocable tenure contract. He revoqued you his permission to stay in his property and since then you are trespassing if you stay. This is why immigration looks for deportation that is a simple eviction.
It is not my intention to insult you, I just explain you what was going on.

My understanding, based on conversations with taxi drivers, is that they prefer to announce the route they will take in delivering you, to avoid misunderstanding. They might also ask you if you have a preferred route to get to your destination. It's probable that's what he was doing, and you might have misunderstood him.

On the other hand, most people in Bs As these days seem to be jumpy and that includes me. I went to a local bank the other day, and after I showed my appointment sheet, the security guard opened the door for me and asked: "why are you here?" My response? It is none of your dam business. It was not a nice response, but it irritated me that he should ask. Later, I did apologize to him because I thought I overreacted.

[
When you take a taxi is alike to have a precaria at the immigration. It is called a revocable tenure contract. He revoqued you his permission to stay in his property and since then you are trespassing if you stay.

Only for sake of discussion.

Can he throw a pregnant lady out - going to hospital- in middle of a journey because he received an urgent phone call

Can he demand the same of a young woman in middle of a lonely street on a dark night, because she refused to flirt with him?

i know both cases do not apply to me.
After all, its easy to give me harsh replies ; basis me being a healthy fit man against the “innocent” driver.

only curious about the law - basis these examples!

Agreed. I am all ok for casual chats with taxi or uber drivers. As long as I note he has professional knowledge about the job. And opening questions ( in casual chat) are not about race or my address or what i earn etc etc. I am ok discussing politics, weather, or casual men chat.

First a Foreigner challenges a local taxi drivers knowledge about his homecity best traffic alternatives..! bad start . His question Where are you from ? implies " You feel you know better than a local? The Answer "No te Importa" is a slap on the face. Luckily he didn't pull an iron and hit you over the head..

My understanding, based on conversations with taxi drivers, is that they prefer to announce the route they will take in delivering you, to avoid misunderstanding. They might also ask you if you have a preferred route to get to your destination. It's probable that's what he was doing, and you might have misunderstood him.

On the other hand, most people in Bs As these days seem to be jumpy and that includes me. I went to a local bank the other day, and after I showed my appointment sheet, the security guard opened the door for me and asked: "why are you here?" My response? It is none of your dam business. It was not a nice response, but it irritated me that he should ask. Later, I did apologize to him because I thought I overreacted.

Another instance of bad judgement ... All security guards ask me and must ask the purpose of your visit , to direct you and or mention you need a turno,,!

[

Only for sake of discussion.

Can he throw a pregnant lady out - going to hospital- in middle of a journey because he received an urgent phone call

Can he demand the same of a young woman in middle of a lonely street on a dark night, because she refused to flirt with him?

i know both cases do not apply to me.
After all, its easy to give me harsh replies ; basis me being a healthy fit man against the “innocent” driver.

only curious about the law - basis these examples!
In the 2 cases you mentioned he cannot because it is the crime of abandoning a helpless person based on a previous contract. The punishment is from 2 up to 6 years of jail, unless she dies, then the punishment is the same than for murder.13A066EB-F692-4537-9FCC-C7CFBC7F0B51.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back