A quick stupid question re: customs :-)

Johnno

Registered
Greetings all :)

A quick question - I'll be on the plane in about 15 hours from now - heading down there - how much duty free scotch can I get away with and how much of the cigarellos ? :) The answer is probably somewhere on this forum already but after a heavy night on the mead and scotch I thought it would be quicker and easier to ask you all this way :)

John :)

PS I'll be in Recoleta if anyone wants to hook up for a single malt ;)

Import regulations by Argentina customs

Imports:

The following goods may be imported into Argentina without incurring customs duty:
(a) Travellers over 18 years of age coming from Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay or Uruguay, or residents returning to Argentina after less than one years stay in these countries, may import the following goods to a value of US$100:
200 cigarettes and 25 cigars; 1l of alcohol; 2kg of foodstuffs.
(b) Travellers over 18 years of age coming from countries other than those listed above, or residents returning to Argentina after less than one year?s stay in countries other than those above, may import the following goods to a value of US$300: 400 cigarettes and 50 cigars; 2l of alcohol; 5kg of foodstuffs.

This from http://argentina.visahq.com/customs/ but the same wording can be found on other sites too

Thank you SO MUCH :) It sounds like I can get TWO bottles of decent single malt instead of one :) Anyone in Recoleta who is a scotch-a-holic like myself is welcome to hook up for a few wee drams after I get over the jetlag - and the effects of whatever I drink on the flight :) Wassail to all :)

Back