Looking for recommendations for best private hospital for a quick visit, in Palermo.

joftoronto

Registered
There was a thread that was quite dated recommending La Trinidad, but it was from 2011. I did go there once probably 2014 or 2015, and my experience was good. I saw a doctor quickly and they dealt with the matter. More recently since I bought an apartment in Palermo Hollywood, I've been going to Swiss Medical/Los Arcos on Juan B. Justo, as it's around the corner from my apartment basically. Although I do find the lineups there considerably longer, and perhaps the attention not quite as good from the doctors. It's not a serious issue, I'm just looking for two prescriptions, one for bacterial infection which I think is MRSA resistant. And another minor matter I wanted attended to before I return to Canada. I leave at the end of the month as my 90-day visa expires on February 29th exactly. Thanks for any recommendations that can be forwarded. Happy to pay out of pocket, as these aren't significant issues. Speed of attention is probably my most important factor. Thanks again for any recommendations.

There was a thread that was quite dated recommending La Trinidad, but it was from 2011. I did go there once probably 2014 or 2015, and my experience was good. I saw a doctor quickly and they dealt with the matter. More recently since I bought an apartment in Palermo Hollywood, I've been going to Swiss Medical/Los Arcos on Juan B. Justo, as it's around the corner from my apartment basically. Although I do find the lineups there considerably longer, and perhaps the attention not quite as good from the doctors. It's not a serious issue, I'm just looking for two prescriptions, one for bacterial infection which I think is MRSA resistant. And another minor matter I wanted attended to before I return to Canada. I leave at the end of the month as my 90-day visa expires on February 29th exactly. Thanks for any recommendations that can be forwarded. Happy to pay out of pocket, as these aren't significant issues. Speed of attention is probably my most important factor. Thanks again for any recommendations.
I should add, that it doesn't have to be in Palermo. As long as it's a reasonable distance via say Uber from Palermo, I'm happy to go to any other barrio in the vicinity of Palermo. Thank you.

If you know exactly what you want, you can try to buy it in a small pharmacy (not Farmacity) without a prescription. (It's still better to see a doctor, naturally)

As for the hospital, try Hospital Alemán at Pueyreddón & Berutti. From the Pueyreddón entrance on the left, you'll find the policlínica. Explain at the reception that you want to see 'un clínico de demanda espontánea'.

I've already tried that. No pharmacy will give me an antibiotic that is for an msra resistant strain without a prescription. But thanks for the suggestion. Is the Hospital Aleman private and reasonably fast? I thought it was public, and speed is my most important issue here. But if they're private and fast definitely that's where I would go then. Thanks so much.

Try Famacia Azul Pueyrredon opposite Swiss Medical Bldg. They sell almost anything without prescription . Visits to Demanda Espontanea at HA may cost $20,000 two weeks ago.

Back