A story with a happy ending

on the brink

Registered
Here's something to brighten our day in these troubled times.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems Argentina is the only country to recognize an animal as a "non human person with legal rights". Sandra, the orangutan, was granted that status back in 2014.

Here's something to brighten our day in these troubled times.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems Argentina is the only country to recognize an animal as a "non human person with legal rights". Sandra, the orangutan, was granted that status back in 2014.

In New Zealand there is a river that is a non human person with legal rights :)

More data on the "children back to school" debate from the American Academy of Pediatrics:

"More than 97,000 U.S. children tested positive for the coronavirus in the last two weeks of July, more than a quarter of the total number of children diagnosed nationwide since March, according to data from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children’s Hospital Association."

Most definitely a happy ending. There are a few videos on YouTube of Mara and her new friends exploring the BrazilIan rain forest and her new home. She must be in heaven. Free to roam and all the fresh grass she can eat. That’s good enough for me.

Last edited:
I read the story .. and it was a nice one at that. Quite a process to relocate such a large animal.

I can remember visiting The BA Zoo in the past and thinking to myself that it was a shame for all the animals there to be in captivity without ample room to roam / live. I am happy that zoos are becoming things of the past. I truthfully care not to go to them anymore as it's a vote for them to exist.

Back