A Wonderfully Witty Response To Putin's Nyt Op Ed

For those not familiar with Dana Millbank:

Milbank covered the 2000 US Presidential election and the 2004 US Presidential election. He also covered US PresidentGeorge W. Bush's first term in office. After Bush won the 2000 election, Karl Rove asked the Washington Post not to assign Milbank to cover White House news.[sup][4][/sup] In 2001, a pool report penned by Milbank which covered a Bush visit to the US Capitol generated controversy within conservative circles.[sup][5][/sup] According to Milbank, the nickname given to him by the president is "not printable in a family publication."[sup][6][/sup]

and?? Sorry, I couldn't find anything in there that would warrant the description in the post title. Perhaps our yanqui friends could explain the humour to us (oh, the irony).

I suspect might be on us pauper, we haven't twigged that this is a much subtler version of the Onion for the savvy expat crowd.

In the Onion they would have called the article "American doesn't like Russian criticising America"

Hold the front page.

Oh, now I get it - it's a satrical news site, silly me. Why am I always the last one to catch on?
I'm going to go back and read all of those James Neilson opinion pieces with fresh eyes...

Oh, now I get it - it's a satrical news site, silly me. Why am I always the last one to catch on?
I'm going to go back and read all of those James Neilson opinion pieces with fresh eyes...
I think your time would be better spent painting the driveway.

Back