A workable exit strategy for US from Afghanistan

darmanad said:
Regional diplomacy could be more than just a buzzword -- if the United States would do the right thing.

Yeah like that would ever happen. You'll probably need a new American revolution before anything like that will happen

Does Obama have the fortitude to confront the military-industrial complex?

They own him. Last president to not comply with them was Kennedy.

Hold the presses: CIA discovered to be making secret payments to Afghani officials to monitor corrupt diversion of US payments by Afghani officials.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/26/AR2010082606772.html
Once the US withdraws and ceases dumping aid into the country, it will no doubt extend unemployment benefits to the various crooks who have been siphoning off US money and materiel for personal gain.

Lots of flights to kabul ...bring your bibles...the more corrupt the better...making a dirty buck is a real chuckle ....man those stone age illiterate camel jockeys can really bargain though..if i can just get em to the company store ..euro peon health care..and morphed into whinning daddy hating oedipals and rug munchers ...ill have em by the short and curlies...nothing better for business than the insertion of prehistoric mortal enemas into life in the fast lane...

"The Obama administration's reluctance to discipline senior generals for comments bordering on insubordination seems to have encouraged the generals to believe they can speak their mind with impunity about President Obama's management of the Afghan conflict."
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/08/27
Author of this piece was CIA analyst for 30 years.

darmanad said:
Does Obama have the fortitude to confront the military-industrial complex?

You are pulling our leg, right? You are referring to the same Obama who won the no-balls prize, correct?

And this is the game you can play when the messiah speaks.

Not sure all would agree that Obama is escalating war as opposed to not winding it down fast enough. Similarly, the charge that he can "accelerate his extraordinary achievements in torture, environmental catastrophe, bankster bailouts, HMO fascism, and imperial wars from Colombia to Palestine" ascribes blame others might argue is misdirected.
He is going through a learning curve for sure.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/world/29commander.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=todayspaper

darmanad said:
Not sure all would agree that Obama is escalating war as opposed to not winding it down fast enough.

Who might those others be? The US is maintaining 50,000 "peace-keeping" troops in Iraq, plus the bases and "embassy." Plus untold mercenaries, er, sorry, I mean "private contractors." The US is not pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan. The strategic reasons it invaded them in the first place remain equally valid today -- this, for example, the bases in Afghanistan are all based around the proposed gas pipeline route.

As for that charlatan, that fake messiah, Linh Dinh expresses my sentiments here:

Obama himself is a head fake! Scratch that skin lightly, and you'll see your beloved Dubya again.

Obama earns his salary by looking sombre, by bringing a gravitas to his job as errand boy. Bush could never quite manage it, always frightening his minders into thinking he was going to break into a grin at the bullsh!t he was spouting.

Postscript: The NYT article is baloney, servile and obsequious. The president is a figurehead, an errand boy. Policy decisions come from elsewhere.

darmanad said:
Not sure all would agree that Obama is escalating war as opposed to not winding it down fast enough. Similarly, the charge that he can "accelerate his extraordinary achievements in torture, environmental catastrophe, bankster bailouts, HMO fascism, and imperial wars from Colombia to Palestine" ascribes blame others might argue is misdirected.
He is going through a learning curve for sure.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/world/29commander.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=todayspaper

darmanad - i've said this time and time again in my posts and i wish you would re examine your paradigm when it comes to right vs left.

there is no right vs left. why? because at the upper levels, right and left both work for the same team. the same globalist agenda never changes and is always advanced in some form.

we change presidents with the false notion that by changing who sits in the oval office, we can somehow change/affect policy. nothing could be further from the truth.

meanwhile, the permanent, KEY, employees such as Zbigniew Brzezinski, Henry Kissenger, Bob Rubin, Larry Summers and many many more always maintain their positions of power and influence. they are always appointed, never elected and their careers span many presidential administrations. the best policy is personnel. when you have your people in key positions, you control policy.

there is NO difference between obama and bush. none whatsoever. so please, STOP with this silly nonsense that he is a person of hope and change. the entire thing is rigged. it's a set up. it's phony to the core. try to wrap your head around it. it's political theater. obama is bought and paid for. it's like a don king boxing match, it doesn't matter who wins the fight because he owns BOTH fighters.

both bush I, II, clinton, obama and every president since JFK have worked/are working for the new world order in some capacity. call them the military industrial complex, illuminati, bilderberg group, club of rome, trilateral commission, the global elite, CFR, shadow govt..et al.

these are the groups obama works for as we move toward a "new world order", replacing the US dollar and a one world government. he does NOT work for the american people. to suggest something like "oh we hope obama can stand up to the evil military people" is falsely believing there is a difference between these two entities. there is NOT. it's all a show. it's all made for TV and the suckers are eating it up day after day after day.

eisenhower warned us about these groups in his farewell address to the nation. obviously we didn't listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

listen to JFK address the media about secret societies and the media's responsibility in exposing the bastards. unfortunately, they were already compromised by this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3T3gWKURc8

The historian who puts his system first can hardly escape the heresy of preferring facts which suit his system best.

BBwolf redrum, I am not one to support American foreign policy especially the military forays into Iraq and Afghanistan. Moreover, I am disappointed that Obama has not been more aggressive in reversing the initertia of the incompetent and malevolent governance of his immediate predecessor, however, I think your condemnation of Obama is excessive and unjustified. It's also redundant if one is to believe redrum's view (to which BBw subscribes by virtue of a "thanks") that elected political leaders, all of them, are merely pawns in the hands of the Bilderberg/ Trilateral groups - the global elite which is working for a "one world government." If Obama is merely an errand boy as you say, then it's the system, not the man who is at fault for the mess we're in. If it is the system, do you have any views on how to go about correcting it?

Do you have a point of view or can you share insights on the connection between the global elite's agenda and the development of Islamic militarism and insurgencies that have arisen around the world? (I sure hope the one world government isn't a global theocracy.)

I am trying to stay informed about world politics, especially US domestic and foreign policy, in order to be a better citizen. I am not persuaded to buy into a 9/11 conspiracy, a one world conspiracy by a global elite, a hidden Zionist conspiracy, or the validity a "no-balls" award to Obama on all policy matters. I have not been made aware of facts or the exegesis that would support such positions. What should I be reading that I am not?

Back