Abogado-less DNI

odyssea

Registered
I have gotten my residencia as a jubilado, and also got my CUIL today. Both were done with minimal abogado experience (painful and long but much less expensive)
Now I want the DNI. I have my apostiled birth certificate and of course my "Certificado de Residencia Precaria". I believe that the only piece missing is a "Certificado de Domicilio". Can anyone share a link or the process with me? Thank you.

odyssea said:
I believe that the only piece missing is a "Certificado de Domicilio". Can anyone share a link or the process with me? Thank you.

Yes, you will need the certificado de domicilio. You pay 10 pesos at the nearest comisaria (police station) and they usually come the next day to give you the certificate. In theory you are supposed to have some type of bill or lease with your name and the address to show that you are living there, but the officer taking your ten pesos will probably just ask for your direccion (address), so just be prepared to answer in castellano. Tell them it's for the RNP.

Planning to renew my DNI with a new address in the near future, I paid for one recently on a Monday and it was delivered on Tuesday morning at ten AM (though they told me it could take up to three days). I live in a PH without a portera. I answered the intercom and by the time I got to the door, the officer was already gone and had just stuck the certificate in the ironwork, not even waiting for a signature.

Here's the link to the registro:

http://www.mininterior.gov.ar/renape...i_original.asp

steveinbsas said:
Yes, you will need the certificado de domicilio. You pay 10 pesos at the nearest comisaria (police station) and they usually come the next day to give you the certificate. In theory you are supposed to have some type of bill or lease with your name and the address to show that you are living there, but the officer taking your ten pesos will probably just ask for your direccion (address), so just be prepared to answer in castellano. Tell them it's for the RNP.

I can confirm this. I took my pasport and those of my family members, and a bill to the comisaria, (open 7/7 and 24/24).
The officer only asked for our names and pasports and 10 pesos (each). He asked what the certificate was for. 2 Days later the certificates were handed over to our encargado. Not even in an envelope.
Piece of cake.

Just remember not to do this too early. I was told that they are only valid for about 10 days. Can't confirm. I haven't done it yet.

Back