Activities for kids visiting from the U.S. (soccer, Spanish)

mariposa

Registered
We may have two kids (7 and 10) from New York City visiting us toward the end of the year. They are both interested in learning some Spanish and they are both big time into playing soccer. Does anybody have any advice on how to get them involved in such activities here? We are thinking approx. 2 weeks time period, preferably in or near Palermo Soho. (Is this too specific?)

Thanks in advance for any info.

We love our daughters' Spanish tutor - Tatiana Kaler - and she's great with kids and makes it fun for them. She also gives tours that are a mix of tourist stuff and language/practical stuff that she'll tailor to your needs. She is completely trustworthy, and we have no problem having her take our kids (who are younger than the ones you mention) to the park, out to museums, etc. Can't help on the soccer front - sorry!

Her website is: http://www.espanol4d.com/i_home.html and her email is [email protected]

There is a great football school in Las Heras Park on the corner of Coronel Diaz and French in Palermo. It's close to the Alto Palermo mall. The school's number is 4804-0524 or 4804-1962. Call them and find out about their programs. We have met many expats and their children there. The teachers are really patient. You did not mention if the kids are girls or boys. The Argentine students are boys but we have seen expat girls. They are very willing to work with you and even offer private lessons to brush up on skills.

There is a great football school in Las Heras Park on the corner of Coronel Diaz and French in Palermo. It's close to the Alto Palermo mall. The school's number is 4804-0524 or 4804-1962. Call them and find out about their programs. We have met many expats and their children there. The teachers are really patient. You did not mention if the kids are girls or boys. The Argentine students are boys but we have seen expat girls. They are very willing to work with you and even offer private lessons to brush up on skills.

thanks, i really appreciate the info. one boy (the older one), one girl. i was hoping gender would not be an issue. sounds (hopefully) like it won't be.

I'm not in Buenos Aires right now, so I can't give you really updated info but this school might have a girl's division as well. River has a girls' soccer school but that's not very close to Palermo Soho. I hope (for the little girl's sake) gender won't be an issue either.

Back