Actron and barcode shenanigans

Redpossum

Registered
I bought some Actron the other day, (400 mg of Ibuprofen), from the TKL Farmacia at Cordoba 1402 rather than my usual Farmacity. The pharmacist cut the bar code off the box before he gave it to me. I asked why, and he said in a dismissive manner, "it's just the agreement we have with the laboratory".

I examined the expiration date carefully, it was 9/25 and the date was the same on the interior bilsterpack and the outside of the box. Even the batch code ARHFP9 was the same on both. But the box had been carefully opened and then sealed back up with tape.

The product appears to be genuine, and the individual blisters are all intact, with no sign of tampering. Believe me, I examined them very carefully, under strong light, with my reading glasses, looking specifically for needle holes, because I have a nasty, suspicious mind.

Any ideas WTF is going on here?

The barcode is cut off to prove that there was a genuine sale....There were many scams by pharmacy's that generated fake sales specially on Pami prescriptions.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Seems to be customary when any kind of discount is applied

All the Farmacities I've gone to do this, they then glue the barcodes and receipts to a sheet you sign, at least for prescription meds.

Back