Advice Re Layover At Dfw

If you don't have a US visa, you can't transit the airport either. Unlike most countries, the U.S. (and Canada as well) requires that all passengers possess a valid visa, regardless of whether they leave the airport or not, or they can't board the flight.

There is such a thing as a transit visa, but in practice nobody gets it - it isn't much easier (if at all) to get than a regular B1/B2 visa, and isn't any cheaper. And it also allows you to leave the airport for a brief while.
I did not know this. Thanks for clearing this up. Having been born in the U.S., it's not something I've ever had to deal with. But being an somewhat anal giver of travel advice, this is something that I'm definitely glad to be corrected on. Gracias.

I am not sure when you are going,,,,,,,,,, but it is also hot as hell now... if you are going in the summer .. walking in 100 degree humidity.. is not a fun 5 hour walk.. I am in Austin now.. it was 105 degrees today.. so about 41 C so another thing to think about for the "nice walk around dallas"...

Yes, Texas has been brutal the past week. I'm in NYC right now and after dinner last night, our group went to a cool little back patio bar in Chinatown and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. It's supposed to heat up here over the next week as well, but nothing like Texas has been dealing with.

Though a friend in Phoenix was laughing at the ~102-106F (~39-41C) temperatures, because their forecasts were for ~105-110F (40.5-43-5C)... but they have those water spray mist machines all over the place in Phoenix, so as long as you don't have to be out on the street, or in a black car with bad AC, during the day, you can live to survive until the next day.

Back