Advised To Come In On Tourist Visa....

Robette

Registered
Hi everyone,
Thanks for your replies in advance....

I am accompanying my husband to BA for a period of 2 years and we are wading through all the Visa requirements for him...
Birth Certificates and police certificates, marriage certificate all apostiled and legalised...

I have been advised by his company to come on a tourist visa and then sort out my Temporary residency when we arrive, but I'm guessing from the forum posts that this is not simple.

I am guessing that I too will need all of this same documentation once I arrive and start the process, and from reading it will be much harder to get my paperwork in order once I'm there...

Can you tell me if I'll need anything else
Passport photos
Birth certificate, apostiled and translated
Marriage certificate, apostiled and translated
Fingerprint police check apostille and translated

If I want to get a job,
University transcripts, legalised and apostiled and translated

If I want to get an Argentinian licence
Australian drivers licence certificate of legality and apostille

Anything I'm missing..?
Feel like I'm drowning in it at the moment...

Smiles and thanks

Oh also...
We have 2 children.... Will they require to follow a similar process? ( We are both the parents )
What do they need besides passports, photos and birth certificates apostiled ?

Oh also...
We have 2 children.... Will they require to follow a similar process? ( We are both the parents )
What do they need besides passports, photos and birth certificates apostiled ?

As far as I know (and I welcome corrections by anyone who knows otherwise):

Argentine migraciones no longer asks for birth certificates for those applying for temporary or permanent residency (unless the permanent residency is based on being the child or parent of an Argentine citizen or permanent resident).

I believe that you will have to submit the same paperwork for yourself that your husband will (except the work contract) in order to get your DNI and it shouldn't be all that difficult to accomplish after you arrive.

You won't need criminal reports for minor children but be sure to have their birth certificates so you can prove that they are your children when you leave Argentina!

Steve is correct: birth certificates are not required. If it's not too much trouble, then bring it along just in case, but do know that it is not required.

Legalized police good conduct thing is, and I think you need at least two photocopies of every single page of your passport. You will need some documentation from Argentina which is simple to get. Yes, you can do all of this with your 90 day tourist visa.

Also, double check the names on everything. If by any freak chance your passport and police report thing do not have the same exact names, you're going to need to get a legalized declaration stating that both names belong to the same person. It happened to me: my passport figured my name as "Cecil Gershwin Fox Palmer", but the police thingamagin said "Cecil G. Fox Palmer". Luckily, I was able to get the declaration at the embassy (for 50 dollars) and had it legalized over at Esmeralda and Arenales, but this is probably easier for you to do before leaving to Argentina.

The full story here: http://baexpats.org/...es/page__st__70

You can get Argentine Driver License with ANY RESIDENCY.
Even with 90 days tourist visa.
(of course it expires with residency ... goes without saying)

This has almost everything I've been looking for.

Question on the following referenced in the above thread:

Criminal Record[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] [Canadian], is NOT required, .. if resided in Argentina the last 5 years, …… WASTE OF TIME & MONEY.[/background]
  • Criminal Records from ALL countries you resided in, in the Last 5 years. Say you left [Canada] to Argentina 4.5 years ago. During which you went to Uruguay for 1.5 years. You will need 3 Criminal Records: [Canada] + [Uruguay] + Argentina Atecedentes.

QUESTION: I've been travevling South America for a period of about 10 months and am applying for a termporary residency/working visa. What length of stay ina given country will require a criminal history check from that country. For example, I have spent 4 months in Bolivia, does that claissify as having resided there, and will i require a criminal history check for Bolivia.

QUESTION: I've been travevling South America for a period of about 10 months and am applying for a termporary residency/working visa. What length of stay ina given country will require a criminal history check from that country. For example, I have spent 4 months in Bolivia, does that claissify as having resided there, and will i require a criminal history check for Bolivia.

I believe that on the migraciones website you will find that a minimum stay of one year in a given country is required for a criminal check from that country and I also believe that migraciones now only requires reports for countries in which you have lived for the past three years.

I wonder if someone was from the USA and had lived outside the US for more than three years if that would exempt them from having to provide a report from the FBI. It doesn't seem likely.

Back