Aeroloneas help?

BAwithkids

Registered
We had a reservation for six people today to El Calafate. When we got to Jorge Newberry, we were told they only had seats for four of us. So, my seven year old daughter and I came back to our apartment. At the airport, they said we are booked on the first flight in the morning, but when I called, they said their system doesn't show changes made at the airport. Any suggestions of how I can get us on the flight? And, of course, this flight is not a nonstop, but oh well...

I'm particularly concerned because my Spanish leaves much to be desired...

Thanks for any suggestions!

Sorry about the typo in the heading for the post - unfortunately, I can't edit that!

if you booked through a travel website like despegar or Expedia, call them up and they will help you. If you booked directly, I would call directly again and ask to speak with someone in English. If that's not possible, look up their US phone number and use Skype to call, so you get someone in English.

Otherwise, there's not much you can do. Do you have your tickets for tomorrow? (I'm assuming they didn't issue them to you). Just get there early tomorrow morning with any documentation you have and ask to speak to a manager.

I was in a similar situation once with LAN during the ash crisis. Was rerouted through Santiago, flight from AEP came in too late to Santiago, so missed connecting flight to Miami. They also told me, "don't worry, we have you booked on X flight tomorrow". I too called, but they couldn't confirm it. Next day it turned out they just hadn't gotten the change into the system yet. But it was all set in time for my flight.

Good luck. Try to relax and not worry about it now. If you can't do the things mentioned above, there is not much more you can do tonight. Know that you will most likely join the rest of your family tomorrow! You may just have to do some fighting at the airport in the morning.

Let us know how it turns out!

Stafford said:
if you booked through a travel website like despegar or Expedia, call them up and they will help you. If you booked directly, I would call directly again and ask to speak with someone in English. If that's not possible, look up their US phone number and use Skype to call, so you get someone in English.

Otherwise, there's not much you can do. Do you have your tickets for tomorrow? (I'm assuming they didn't issue them to you). Just get there early tomorrow morning with any documentation you have and ask to speak to a manager.

I was in a similar situation once with LAN during the ash crisis. Was rerouted through Santiago, flight from AEP came in too late to Santiago, so missed connecting flight to Miami. They also told me, "don't worry, we have you booked on X flight tomorrow". I too called, but they couldn't confirm it. Next day it turned out they just hadn't gotten the change into the system yet. But it was all set in time for my flight.

Good luck. Try to relax and not worry about it now. If you can't do the things mentioned above, there is not much more you can do tonight. Know that you will most likely join the rest of your family tomorrow! You may just have to do some fighting at the airport in the morning.

Let us know how it turns out!

We booked directly, unfortunately. The person I spoke with on the phone did speak English, but the issue seemed to be with the system itself. So, I've got the alarm set for 5 am, and am hoping for the best. I REALLY appreciate the encouraging words!

And, of course, I have no tickets, no documentation other than a reservation number...

Do you remember the name or the face of the agent that told you the plane was overbooked and you're on tomorrow's flight? Perhaps he or she will be there tomorrow and remember you.

Good luck to you! I'm sure it will turn out fine. Get there early so you don't get bumped again or in case you have to wrangle with them a bit. :)

Back