Africans in BA

cricri58 said:
and there is only one African restaurant in Villa Crespo, Caballito. Sorry I forgot the name..

El Buen Sabor, its Cameroonian.

Iwell two guys your pic shows yur standard of your comment....a bit sad
if you live in the provecias you will find africans selling trinkets in the
street,bars and on the beaches..especially mar del plata and where i live in laplata......a lot come from senegal and other french colonies...
Suerte

AdrianaY said:
The only african people who are respected in Buenos Aires are the Dominicanas who ply their trade night and day in the centro. The men with their tongues hanging out are a testament to the power of sexuality in this crazy city. They get paid well for their exotic looks.

I didn't know that Dominicanas were Africans, but indeed there are quite many around constitution and once selling themselves.
I don't think they get paid well but since I am not a pirata (in fact I don't even know what pirata means :cool:), I am not sure.

To be honest I don't really see any rise in the amount of Africans living here. Maybe I am just not looking for them but I still see it as a shockingly white city. But I could be wrong. It would be interesting to hear what more people thought about the racial make up of this city.

The funny thing is that during the 19th century, about 30 or 40% of the Bs As population was black ! This is a lesser known fact. They disappeared and one of the reasons given is that they have been massively used for the desert conquest but still, even if they died as soldiers, how did the women disappear ?

Yes, there were many in the 1800´s, but either they were used up in wars (specially in civil wars and the war with neighbor paraguay),
or mixed up with whites.
Many immigrants (italians?) came alone here, and sure as hell they liked black women.
The dominican republic is located in the caribbean, by the way.
And the reason of the influx of asians and russians in the 90´s was that we did not visas to travel to the usa, so many used this country as an stepping stone to get there and then, of course, stay illegally. It was cheaper then going illegally from china, (smuglers would charge 50k per head then).
Henry

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Food and Drink 0
S Newcomers Forum 1
Back