Alaska To Argentina

Moto Mikey

Registered
Hola a todos. My name is Mike and i've been traveling around the Americas via motorbike for the last 9 months. I've recently decided to stop here in BsA for the next few months to hang out, settle down a bit (I strangely desire a little bit of routine), and continue working on my Spanish. I've been here for about a week now and wouldn't mind meeting a few other locals/expats to join for a drink and some company. B)

CH_11Feb14_003.jpg

I may be up for this Mike, as long as you aren´t going to rob me or anything :cool: and I´m a guy so no hank panky :D . The only problem is I am heading back to the UK in a week or so, but you can catch me in May if you are still around. Obviously after seeing what you have been doing I think it´s fucking cool and have a ton of questions.

Good man Mike. Have you been blogging about your trip? Sounds amazing.

How did you manage the panama-colombia connection, boat around?

I may be up for this Mike, as long as you aren´t going to rob me or anything :cool: and I´m a guy so no hank panky :D . The only problem is I am heading back to the UK in a week or so, but you can catch me in May if you are still around. Obviously after seeing what you have been doing I think it´s fucking cool and have a ton of questions.

haha, no, nothing weird. Just a chance to meet some local expats and speak English for a change would be cool. Any good pubs around Recoleta to grab a pint? I have no plans, so any place/time works for me.. just shoot the shit and enjoy a cold beer.

Good man Mike. Have you been blogging about your trip? Sounds amazing.

How did you manage the panama-colombia connection, boat around?

Yup, I've been blogging. I try to capture as much as I can but it can be difficult and time consuming. You can check it out here: www.moto-mikey.com

I crossed the Darien Gap (Panama to Colombia) on a 110+ year old Sailboat with a few other world travelers. Took about 5 days and was an awesome trip.

PA_05Dec13_018.jpg

Mikey, You are awesome!! I like to ride but this isnt a ride, this is a life changing adventure.. I admire you and wish you the best on this trip. Your blog is excelent and those pics are a story book in itself.
I am due back in BA mid May and if your still around and would like to come along for a day ride out of town for lunch with a group of my friends, your more than welcome.

Cheers,

Hello Mikey, love that Beemer.! Whilst travelling and time to sleep, do you do under the stars or sometime taking refuge under a soild roof.? And if lodging, how about the safety of your belongings + the machine? Where do you put your bike ? Hire a guard to fend off the thieves? Please share a bit...

Yo, Mike.

There's a coffee chat thing this Friday at 4pm, see this thread, @ Anima cakes, Peña 2665 between Laprida and Aguero

Please join us if you're in the area, but I have no idea if riding your bike there would be a good idea or not. I'm still very new here in BsAs. Perhaps some of the more senior members of this community could tell you what would be best.

Yo, Mike.

There's a coffee chat thing this Friday at 4pm, see this thread, @ Anima cakes, Peña 2665 between Laprida and Aguero

Please join us if you're in the area, but I have no idea if riding your bike there would be a good idea or not. I'm still very new here in BsAs. Perhaps some of the more senior members of this community could tell you what would be best.

Sounds good. I'll stop by. My apartment is nearby in Recoleta, so I'll make the short walk.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Culture 1
C Newcomers Forum 2
Back